Worry arose this week about the fate of Bunkers in downtown West Allis that had emailed regulars telling them that Bunkers would close Wednesday.
But Thursday owner Scott Bunker said the restaurant at 7420 W. Greenfield Ave. closed to transform itself into an entirely new establishment with a new concept and a new name. He said he was trying for an opening in the first week of October, but that depends on how soon a custom-made piece of kitchen equipment arrives.
Regular customers should be very pleased with the new restaurant, he said, that will keep all the favorites such as the Friday fish fries and the shrimp peel and eat on Wednesdays.
"We decided to get more casual and family-friendly," Bunker said.
The changeover, in the works for nearly three months, will include getting booths, adding televisions, changing the menu and adding different drink specials, he said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Veteran's tribute slated for Arlington Park
- Four days of fun, music, food coming to JansenFest in Greenfield (1)
- 30-unit facility for elderly gets nod from Greenfield Plan Commission
- Greenfield to hold public hearing June 16 on proposed Goodwill store
- Greenfield police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- West Allis police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- West Allis veterans groups, city to honor vets with parade, ceremony
- Milwaukee Emergency Center for Animals blood bank filling up in Greenfield
- West Allis Goodwill moves into a larger store