Worry arose this week about the fate of Bunkers in downtown West Allis that had emailed regulars telling them that Bunkers would close Wednesday.
But Thursday owner Scott Bunker said the restaurant at 7420 W. Greenfield Ave. closed to transform itself into an entirely new establishment with a new concept and a new name. He said he was trying for an opening in the first week of October, but that depends on how soon a custom-made piece of kitchen equipment arrives.
Regular customers should be very pleased with the new restaurant, he said, that will keep all the favorites such as the Friday fish fries and the shrimp peel and eat on Wednesdays.
"We decided to get more casual and family-friendly," Bunker said.
The changeover, in the works for nearly three months, will include getting booths, adding televisions, changing the menu and adding different drink specials, he said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Later secondary school start times explored in Greenfield; national group recommends 8:30 a.m. or la
- Whitnall High reaches ACT goal
- Greenfield schools take steps to improved education with teachers coaching teachers
- Greenfield mayor accepts ALS ice bucket challenge
- Medical group statement supports later Greenfield school start times
- Greenfield police report: August 21, 2014 issue
- Video: Whitnall launches districtwide iPad initiative
- Meijer gets early nod of approval in Greenfield
- Greenfield police note
- Greenfield police report 0804 to 0810