Several neighbors of the Parkside Wedding Chapel, 9008 W. Forest Home Ave., Greenfield, attended Tuesday'sGreenfield Common Council meeting to make sure that "no" stayed "no" to the chapel's request to open a banquet room to serve its wedding clients.
The council had decided 4-1 against the request in February mainly because wedding parking already overflows onto the street. Allowing those cars to remain longer would just aggravate the situation in the neighborhood where there is a home on one side of the chapel and apartments on another.
So, the council voted 4-1 again Tuesday in its reconsideration.
Working against chapel owner Jeff Kohl was the council's expectation that he would meet with neighbors to try to make the proposal work. But several neighbors not only attended Tuesday's meeting but spoke against the request.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield council approves 2015 budget after no one speaks at hearing
- Video: Verlo stack of 18 mattresses declared a world record by Guinness
- Verlo customers can use beacon iPad to find products
- Low registrations cause drug, alcohol program postponement at Whitnall
- Charity maintains 'legend' of former Whitnall student
- Greenfield crosses big Loomis threshold with chosen developer
- Greenfield tries enhancing safety in 2015 city budget
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police notes: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Greenfield ups emergency preparedness