Several neighbors of the Parkside Wedding Chapel, 9008 W. Forest Home Ave., Greenfield, attended Tuesday'sGreenfield Common Council meeting to make sure that "no" stayed "no" to the chapel's request to open a banquet room to serve its wedding clients.
The council had decided 4-1 against the request in February mainly because wedding parking already overflows onto the street. Allowing those cars to remain longer would just aggravate the situation in the neighborhood where there is a home on one side of the chapel and apartments on another.
So, the council voted 4-1 again Tuesday in its reconsideration.
Working against chapel owner Jeff Kohl was the council's expectation that he would meet with neighbors to try to make the proposal work. But several neighbors not only attended Tuesday's meeting but spoke against the request.
- Whitnall gets new school district superintendent
- Crash kills Milwaukee man in Greenfield
- Greenfield Police Blotter: April 28, 2016
- Parties in the sky coming to House of Harley in Greenfield
- Whitnall names Lisa Olson superintendent of schools
- Severe weather seminar scheduled in Greenfield
- Greenfield Police Blotter: April 21, 2016
- Greenfield News and Notes: April 21
- 84 South retail, multifamily development along Layton Avenue in Greenfield could add $115 million to tax base (3)
- Campus news: April 14, 2016