Residents of the West Allis-West Milwaukee School District who are interested in filling the seat on the School Board left vacant by the resignation of George Sotiros may apply until 4 p.m. July 13.
The appointee will serve until the 2013 April election.
School Board President Susan Stalewski is asking applicants to submit a written biography, including employment history and any involvement in local public schools.
Applications should be mailed to or dropped off at the Educational Administration Center, 1205 S. 70th St., 5th Floor, West Allis, WI, 53214, Attention: Susan Stalewski, board president.
Candidates may be called upon to meet with the board.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall will survey residents to help in some costly school project choices
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Greenfield children have new spot to play
- Whitnall School District continues to 'exceed expectations'
- Police called when man urinates himself while sleeping in movie theater
- Al-Huda mosque's parking lot in Greenfield under scrutiny; neighbors do not want it to expand
- Al-Huda mosque’s gravel parking lot in Greenfield can remain in use for now: Al-Huda mosque's gravel parking lot can remain in use for now
- New investment pleases Greenfield officials; remodeled auto and mattress shops approved by city
- Greenfield police report: September 11, 2014
- Drainage might sink overflow mosque parking in Greenfield