Appliance World confirmed today that it is permanently closing its three area locations in Brookfield, Greenfield and Germantown.
One of the area's most recognizable retail stores, the appliance retailer locked its doors Sunday and told its employees the company's future and ownership was in doubt, though it had left open the possibility the stores could reopen under new management and ownership.
But in a statement issued through My In-House Agency today to media outlets, owner Ed Aumann set aside any hope.
"The economic conditions of the past several years have been too much to overcome," Aumann said in the news release. "I would like to thank all of our customers and employees for their support and patronage over the past half century."
Aumann said Appliance World, in business in Southeastern Wisconsin for more than 56 years, closed at behest of its secured lender, GE Capital Solutions. Assets have been surrendered to the bank.
However, consumer appliances which have been identified to prepaid customer deposits were specifically excluded from the bank's voluntary surrender agreement. Customers anticipating delivery can make arrangements to pick up or accept delivery of their appliances by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police called when man urinates himself while sleeping in movie theater
- Al-Huda mosque's parking lot in Greenfield under scrutiny; neighbors do not want it to expand
- Greenfield lets gravel parking lot for mosque stay for now
- New investment pleases Greenfield officials; remodeled auto and mattress shops approved by city
- Greenfield police report: September 11, 2014
- Drainage might sink overflow mosque parking in Greenfield
- Time constraints delay Greenfield consideration of Meijers super store
- Whitnall hosts another block party
- Greenfield police report: September 4, 2014
- Greenfield School Board approves $23 million tax levy