Greenfield police are searching for two suspects who stole multiple cartons of cigarettes during a gas station burglary earlier this month.
According to the police report:
Two unknown males broke into Speedway, 3390 W. Loomis Road, by prying open a door on the northeast side of the business.
Once inside, the suspects filled a round garbage can with 30 to 50 cartons of Newport and Marlboro cigarettes and an unknown number of cigars. The suspects then left the business and threw the can over a fence leading to an alley, where a car was waiting for them.
The suspects were inside the business for only about 20 seconds, according to the police.
No suspect or vehicle description was available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Major Layton Avenue development in Greenfield rolls forward (1)
- The project SHOW has chosen to sample Greenfield as part of its statewide survey that has been going
- Whitnall School Board chooses facilities advisory committee
- Construction starts for church, community center in Greenfield
- Police release ID of man killed in gunfire
- Greenfield officer involved in shooting
- Greenfield puts restaurant, grocery health inspections online
- New Whitnall Middle School principal is familiar face
- Public being asked about proposed Highway 100 changes in Greenfield