Greenfield police are searching for two suspects who stole multiple cartons of cigarettes during a gas station burglary earlier this month.
According to the police report:
Two unknown males broke into Speedway, 3390 W. Loomis Road, by prying open a door on the northeast side of the business.
Once inside, the suspects filled a round garbage can with 30 to 50 cartons of Newport and Marlboro cigarettes and an unknown number of cigars. The suspects then left the business and threw the can over a fence leading to an alley, where a car was waiting for them.
The suspects were inside the business for only about 20 seconds, according to the police.
No suspect or vehicle description was available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield mayor vetoes overflow lot for mosque
- Ask Now: Why is toilet paper used in the repair of city streets?
- City considers parking bans
- Whitnall will survey residents to help in some costly school project choices
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Greenfield children have new spot to play
- Whitnall School District continues to 'exceed expectations'
- Police called when man urinates himself while sleeping in movie theater
- Al-Huda mosque's parking lot in Greenfield under scrutiny; neighbors do not want it to expand
- Al-Huda mosque’s gravel parking lot in Greenfield can remain in use for now: Al-Huda mosque's gravel parking lot can remain in use for now