Greenfield police are searching for two suspects who stole multiple cartons of cigarettes during a gas station burglary earlier this month.
According to the police report:
Two unknown males broke into Speedway, 3390 W. Loomis Road, by prying open a door on the northeast side of the business.
Once inside, the suspects filled a round garbage can with 30 to 50 cartons of Newport and Marlboro cigarettes and an unknown number of cigars. The suspects then left the business and threw the can over a fence leading to an alley, where a car was waiting for them.
The suspects were inside the business for only about 20 seconds, according to the police.
No suspect or vehicle description was available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield School Board to fill vacancy by appointment
- Little Free Library in Greenfield gift of love — twice
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Amphitheater plan in Greenfield moves along with help of impact fees
- Attendant to oversee Greenfield solid waste drop-off site (2)
- Ditch won't stop $150 million proposed commercial, residential project in Greenfield
- Partnership buys Barnes & Noble Center in Greenfield
- Ordinance allowing beekeeping to be drafted in Greenfield
- Proposed Greenfield lease of Kulwicki Park not considered Tuesday
- Budget says Greenfield school operations to cost less