Police are seeking a man who fired a handgun during a robbery at a Greenfield gas station on Saturday evening, May 10.
According to the police log:
Greenfield police responded to Ken's Shell, 5909 S. 27th St., after multiple 911 callers reported a man with a gun had just robbed the business at about 10:55 p.m.
The suspect was described as a black male wearing a blue hoodie, a ski mask, blue jeans with two large holes on the back of the legs, white tennis shoes and was carrying a backpack. According to an employee, the suspect fired a shot while exiting the business.
A customer who witnessed the robbery told police he took the keys out of a vehicle that was left running in the lot, and the suspect was seen fleeing the area on foot.
Police recovered one bullet casing from the business and the investigation is ongoing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- $1.6 million in new taxes could come to Greenfield city and schools
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Major Layton Avenue development in Greenfield rolls forward (1)
- The project SHOW has chosen to sample Greenfield as part of its statewide survey that has been going
- Whitnall School Board chooses facilities advisory committee
- Construction starts for church, community center in Greenfield
- Police release ID of man killed in gunfire
- Greenfield officer involved in shooting
- Greenfield puts restaurant, grocery health inspections online
- New Whitnall Middle School principal is familiar face