Greenfield — A 24-year-old Milwaukee man and his female accomplice bit off more than they could chew when they took two SUVs from a used car lot.
The man driving one of the stolen vehicles ended up hitting a pole as an employee of the lot chased him.
According to Greenfield police, the man and a woman came to Ron's Auto Sales, 5265 S. 27th St., at about 9 p.m. June 8. The pair each drove off in Ford Expedition SUVs - the man in a 2000 model, the woman in a 2004.
After the crash, the employee and a witness subdued the man until police arrived and arrested him in the 2600 block of West College Avenue.
The woman kept driving, but the second SUV was found that day unoccupied in the alley behind the arrested man's home.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: September 11, 2014
- Police seeking suspect in armed robbery at gas station
- Motorist allegedly points handgun at female driver in Greenfield
- Police Notes: Dec. 10
- Suspicious actions results in prowler alert in Greenfield
- Police Notes: Nov. 12
- Police Notes: Oct. 1
- Police Notes: Sept. 17
- Police Notes: Sept. 10
- Texting driver cited after 'flipping the bird' to police officers in unmarked car
- Police Notes: July 23
- Police Notes: July 16
- Police Notes: July 9
- Police Notes: June 5
- Police Notes: May 7
- Police Notes: April 9
- Police Notes: April 2
- Police Notes: March 26