The Greenfield High School's Air Force Junior ROTC program has been honored with the Distinguished Unit Award.
The award, given to 230 units across the country, recognizes units that have performed beyond normal expectations and have distinguished themselves through outstanding service to their school and community.
The joint program between the Air Force and school districts was established at Greenfield during the 1995-96 school year as a way to teach life and leadership skills.
The cadets in Greenfield, who were honored at Monday's School Board meeting, have performed a combined 4,700 hours of community service this year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield man charged with sexual assault of a child in Tosa
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 19, 2015 issue
- Greenfield's Naked Furniture to close April 30
- Amphitheater offered for Konkel Park in Greenfield
- Greenfield Plan Commission clears Chapman project, Meijer for hearings
- Greenfield Plan Commission mixed on idea of Goodwill opening on S. 76th St.
- Stories concerning time to tick at Inspiration Studios
- Greenfield School district to offer tax credits to seniors who work for district
- Sessions offered to public on Whitnall School District referendum questions