The Greenfield High School's Air Force Junior ROTC program has been honored with the Distinguished Unit Award.
The award, given to 230 units across the country, recognizes units that have performed beyond normal expectations and have distinguished themselves through outstanding service to their school and community.
The joint program between the Air Force and school districts was established at Greenfield during the 1995-96 school year as a way to teach life and leadership skills.
The cadets in Greenfield, who were honored at Monday's School Board meeting, have performed a combined 4,700 hours of community service this year.
- Greenfield unveils inaugural season for new Konkel Park amphitheater
- Greenfield to sell passes for residents not allowed to use dropoff
- Bluemel's Garden & Landscape Center in Greenfield expands with on-site coffee garden
- Greenfield Police blotter: July 21
- St. John the Evangelist Parish to host 49th annual Family Festival (1)
- Greenfield chief meets with President's top advisers in West Wing (1)
- Greenfield Police blotter: July 14, 2016
- Cannon-lover fires eight-gun salute down Greenfield street for Fourth
- Greenfield neighbors roaring about House of Harley's thunder
- Gun, ammunition sales in Greenfield might soon require public hearings