The Greenfield High School's Air Force Junior ROTC program has been honored with the Distinguished Unit Award.
The award, given to 230 units across the country, recognizes units that have performed beyond normal expectations and have distinguished themselves through outstanding service to their school and community.
The joint program between the Air Force and school districts was established at Greenfield during the 1995-96 school year as a way to teach life and leadership skills.
The cadets in Greenfield, who were honored at Monday's School Board meeting, have performed a combined 4,700 hours of community service this year.
- Man steals vehicle from business, returns to apply for job
- Light poles, electric wires down after traffic accident in Greenfield
- Dan Jansen Family Festival to bring old favs, new fun to Greenfield
- Greenfield man facing possible charges after threatening women with loaded gun
- High speed pursuit in Greenfield ends in crash in Milwaukee
- Greenfield Police Blotter: May 25, 2016
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Greenfield church to host prom for special needs students; Oconomowoc bank make large donation
- Sign-maker wants Highway 100 on-ramp reopened
- Greenfield Police Blotter: May 19, 2016