The Greenfield High School's Air Force Junior ROTC program has been honored with the Distinguished Unit Award.
The award, given to 230 units across the country, recognizes units that have performed beyond normal expectations and have distinguished themselves through outstanding service to their school and community.
The joint program between the Air Force and school districts was established at Greenfield during the 1995-96 school year as a way to teach life and leadership skills.
The cadets in Greenfield, who were honored at Monday's School Board meeting, have performed a combined 4,700 hours of community service this year.
- Cinema going down, shopping strip, more Greenfield Highlands may go up
- The Ridge Church in Greenfield offers church in your jammies
- Greenfield Police blotter: May 5, 2016
- Whitnall gets new school district superintendent
- Crash kills Milwaukee man in Greenfield
- Greenfield Police Blotter: April 28, 2016
- Parties in the sky coming to House of Harley in Greenfield
- Whitnall names Lisa Olson superintendent of schools
- Severe weather seminar scheduled in Greenfield
- Greenfield Police Blotter: April 21, 2016