The Greenfield High School's Air Force Junior ROTC program has been honored with the Distinguished Unit Award.
The award, given to 230 units across the country, recognizes units that have performed beyond normal expectations and have distinguished themselves through outstanding service to their school and community.
The joint program between the Air Force and school districts was established at Greenfield during the 1995-96 school year as a way to teach life and leadership skills.
The cadets in Greenfield, who were honored at Monday's School Board meeting, have performed a combined 4,700 hours of community service this year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Layton Avenue Baptist Church in Greenfield eyes location up the block
- Greenfield starts review of proposed 2016 city budget
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Greenfield School Board to fill vacancy by appointment
- Little Free Library in Greenfield gift of love — twice
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Amphitheater plan in Greenfield moves along with help of impact fees
- Attendant to oversee Greenfield solid waste drop-off site (2)
- Ditch won't stop $150 million proposed commercial, residential project in Greenfield
- Partnership buys Barnes & Noble Center in Greenfield