Trio helps itself to Walmart cash
A group of men in their 20s opened the cash drawer and helped themselves to $481 at Walmart, 4500 S. 108th St., at about 5:57 p.m. Saturday.
According to Greenfield police, store surveillance video captured images of three men as they entered the car stereo department near the cash register in the sporting goods department.
They posed as customers interested in buying a car stereo. While two of the men distracted a clerk, the third man pried open the cash drawer of the register with a screwdriver and removed the cash.
Police noted that the men were very organized and took only a few seconds to complete the theft.
The first man was described as about 25 years old, wearing black blue jeans and a grey button-down shirt. The second was about 20 years old, wearing a black T-shirt and black shorts. The third was about 20 years old, wearing Chuck Taylor sneakers and a dark-colored baseball cap with an Adidas logo on the front.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 5, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police notes: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: September 11, 2014
- Police seeking suspect in armed robbery at gas station
- Motorist allegedly points handgun at female driver in Greenfield
- Police Notes: Dec. 10
- Suspicious actions results in prowler alert in Greenfield
- Police Notes: Nov. 12
- Police Notes: Oct. 1
- Police Notes: Sept. 17
- Police Notes: Sept. 10
- Texting driver cited after 'flipping the bird' to police officers in unmarked car
- Police Notes: July 23
- Police Notes: July 16
- Police Notes: July 9
- Police Notes: June 5
- Police Notes: May 7
- Police Notes: April 9