We heartily endorse Don Carlson for the Greenfield School Board. He is a former Greenfield alderman who takes a great interest in our community.
He is well-educated, and one of his greatest qualities is that he's a penny pincher.
The two incumbents who are running reflect the lack of leadership on the board. Under the current board, most members vote almost exactly as they are told.
Taxes have risen and spending seems to be of no concern as long as we taxpayers are footing the bill. At a time when people are losing their homes through foreclosure - and their jobs, as well - a change is in order. The current board, for the most part, has also approved nice sized raises for the superintendent and his minions. Now is not the time.
Carlson was a dedicated alderman who did not choose to run again, but remains a member of our community who really cares.
Patrick and Nancy Allan
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield School Board nixes funding to explore charter school idea
- Layton Avenue entrance to Greenfield High School among road proposals
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Whitnall School District makes AP honor roll
- Greenfield council approves 2015 budget after no one speaks at hearing
- Video: Verlo stack of 18 mattresses declared a world record by Guinness
- Verlo customers can use beacon iPad to find products
- Low registrations cause drug, alcohol program postponement at Whitnall
- Charity maintains 'legend' of former Whitnall student
- Greenfield crosses big Loomis threshold with chosen developer