We heartily endorse Don Carlson for the Greenfield School Board. He is a former Greenfield alderman who takes a great interest in our community.
He is well-educated, and one of his greatest qualities is that he's a penny pincher.
The two incumbents who are running reflect the lack of leadership on the board. Under the current board, most members vote almost exactly as they are told.
Taxes have risen and spending seems to be of no concern as long as we taxpayers are footing the bill. At a time when people are losing their homes through foreclosure - and their jobs, as well - a change is in order. The current board, for the most part, has also approved nice sized raises for the superintendent and his minions. Now is not the time.
Carlson was a dedicated alderman who did not choose to run again, but remains a member of our community who really cares.
Patrick and Nancy Allan
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mother of 2, day care center director named to Greenfield School Board
- Greenfield police dispatch two coyotes reported as aggressive
- Making way for project, Layton Avenue Baptist Church has new location
- $2 Budget South Cinemas in Greenfield closes as of Monday, Nov. 23 (3)
- Whitnall participates in global education conference in Washington
- Draft ordinance to allow beekeeping in Greenfield clears health board
- Greenfield residents worried about coyotes get reassurance, advice (2)
- Rock band's message to students aimed at kicking pain out of bullying
- After incidents, Greenfield to hold info. meeting on coyote problem (1)
- WaterStone Bank has a Greenfield history wall that's a first for the banking chain.