We heartily endorse Don Carlson for the Greenfield School Board. He is a former Greenfield alderman who takes a great interest in our community.
He is well-educated, and one of his greatest qualities is that he's a penny pincher.
The two incumbents who are running reflect the lack of leadership on the board. Under the current board, most members vote almost exactly as they are told.
Taxes have risen and spending seems to be of no concern as long as we taxpayers are footing the bill. At a time when people are losing their homes through foreclosure - and their jobs, as well - a change is in order. The current board, for the most part, has also approved nice sized raises for the superintendent and his minions. Now is not the time.
Carlson was a dedicated alderman who did not choose to run again, but remains a member of our community who really cares.
Patrick and Nancy Allan
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall three-term incumbent won't seek re-election (1)
- News & Notes: Dec. 3
- AT&T's cell tower plan topples for now in Greenfield
- Man tries to scam Greenfield business by claiming to be from We Energies
- Greenfield election filings spark interesting challenge
- Police Report: Dec. 3
- Cell tower won't be built in Greenfield residential neighborhood
- News & Notes: Nov. 26
- Laser tag enthusiast sets his sights on Greenfield site
- Police Report: Nov. 26