As candidate for the Greenfield School Board, I continually hear from citizens who voice their passionate support for public education. They share my priorities to offer sound educational opportunities to all students and expect high student achievement in a safe learning environment.
Despite the devastating reductions in funding from the state during my seven years on the board, I am proud of the innovative changes we have made to continue to improve learning. In the last year alone, we have continued to implement methods to improve curriculum, revised graduation requirements to better prepare students for life after high school, increased staff development and introduced new programs to increase reading comprehension and student test scores, reduced operating costs by consolidating services and management positions, and upgraded facilities to reduce wasted energy resulting in increased property values.
I am a homeowner in Greenfield and am proud mom of two daughters who have graduated from GHS and attend the University of Wisconsin-Madison and Creighton University. I have leaned from my career experience as a sales/property manager for USA Inc., my managerial experiences from 18 years at Miller Brewing Company, as well as my own educational development at MATC, that the difficult decisions I make as a board member must be made based on in-depth research and facts. I do not take this task lightly.
I am involved in the community on a daily basis. I am the current president of the School Board and the Greenfield Education Foundation. I have actively volunteered many hours and years to Maple Grove STP, GMS and GHS Booster Clubs, Greenfield Little League, Dan Jansen Fest and other city-sponsored events and fundraisers.
Please vote for me on Feb. 16. Do candidate research. Keep education a priority in Greenfield and experienced, active community members on the Board of Education.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield man charged with sexual assault of a child in Tosa
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 19, 2015 issue
- Greenfield's Naked Furniture to close April 30
- Amphitheater offered for Konkel Park in Greenfield
- Greenfield Plan Commission clears Chapman project, Meijer for hearings
- Greenfield Plan Commission mixed on idea of Goodwill opening on S. 76th St.
- Stories concerning time to tick at Inspiration Studios
- Greenfield School district to offer tax credits to seniors who work for district
- Sessions offered to public on Whitnall School District referendum questions