Greenfield High School head football coach Kevin Murphy has resigned, district officials said during Monday's School Board meeting.
Murphy will stay on as an assistant next year. He told administrators it was a difficult decision to step down, but he still wanted to stay around the program, Superintendent Conrad Farner said.
School Board member Bruce Bailey and district administrators applauded Murphy's service and said they were grateful he will remain in the program as an assistant coach.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mother of 2, day care center director named to Greenfield School Board
- Greenfield police dispatch two coyotes reported as aggressive
- Making way for project, Layton Avenue Baptist Church has new location
- $2 Budget South Cinemas in Greenfield closes as of Monday, Nov. 23 (1)
- Whitnall participates in global education conference in Washington
- Draft ordinance to allow beekeeping in Greenfield clears health board
- Greenfield residents worried about coyotes get reassurance, advice (2)
- Rock band's message to students aimed at kicking pain out of bullying
- After incidents, Greenfield to hold info. meeting on coyote problem (1)
- WaterStone Bank has a Greenfield history wall that's a first for the banking chain.