Greenfield High School head football coach Kevin Murphy has resigned, district officials said during Monday's School Board meeting.
Murphy will stay on as an assistant next year. He told administrators it was a difficult decision to step down, but he still wanted to stay around the program, Superintendent Conrad Farner said.
School Board member Bruce Bailey and district administrators applauded Murphy's service and said they were grateful he will remain in the program as an assistant coach.
- Man steals vehicle from business, returns to apply for job
- Light poles, electric wires down after traffic accident in Greenfield
- Dan Jansen Family Festival to bring old favs, new fun to Greenfield
- Greenfield man facing possible charges after threatening women with loaded gun
- High speed pursuit in Greenfield ends in crash in Milwaukee
- Greenfield Police Blotter: May 25, 2016
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Greenfield church to host prom for special needs students; Oconomowoc bank make large donation
- Sign-maker wants Highway 100 on-ramp reopened
- Greenfield Police Blotter: May 19, 2016