Greenfield High School head football coach Kevin Murphy has resigned, district officials said during Monday's School Board meeting.
Murphy will stay on as an assistant next year. He told administrators it was a difficult decision to step down, but he still wanted to stay around the program, Superintendent Conrad Farner said.
School Board member Bruce Bailey and district administrators applauded Murphy's service and said they were grateful he will remain in the program as an assistant coach.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield starts review of proposed 2016 city budget
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Greenfield School Board to fill vacancy by appointment
- Little Free Library in Greenfield gift of love — twice
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Amphitheater plan in Greenfield moves along with help of impact fees
- Attendant to oversee Greenfield solid waste drop-off site (2)
- Ditch won't stop $150 million proposed commercial, residential project in Greenfield
- Partnership buys Barnes & Noble Center in Greenfield
- Ordinance allowing beekeeping to be drafted in Greenfield