Greenfield High School head football coach Kevin Murphy has resigned, district officials said during Monday's School Board meeting.
Murphy will stay on as an assistant next year. He told administrators it was a difficult decision to step down, but he still wanted to stay around the program, Superintendent Conrad Farner said.
School Board member Bruce Bailey and district administrators applauded Murphy's service and said they were grateful he will remain in the program as an assistant coach.
- Greenfield to open amphitheater with proud marches, dancing, bands
- Greenfield Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- Man, 21, charged in fatal accident on 76th Street in Greenfield
- Video: Greenfield going full speed to become its own internet provider (1)
- Road construction to loom large in Greenfield's Fourth of July bash
- Early morning fire destroys garage in Greenfield, spreads to house
- A new Layton Avenue Baptist Church is rising in Greenfield through skill and faith
- Greenfield Police reports: June 16, 2016
- Fire damages garage of Greenfield home
- Charcoal grill tips over, causes fire at Greenfield home (1)