As we approach this joyous season, it has been such a pleasure to reflect and watch as Greenfield grows and progresses.
I'm extremely proud of our Greenfield residents who had the foresight and fortitude to vote for the building projects currently taking shape in our city.
In the very near future we will point with pride to our new Greenfield High School, our new and expanded library, our ever-evolving Konkel Park and the new law enforcement center - knowing we, as a community, banded together to make our community one of the very best.
We can smile knowing our old library will not be a loss as we renovate this already-paid-for building into a valuable community center rather than paying rent on other facilities for city functions.
We have become a very progressive city since all of these improvements and additions, which will last for years to come.
I am grateful and appreciative to know so many of you wonderful people personally, and I thank you for your commitment to Greenfield. With that thought in mind, my wife Beverly and I wish you a Merry Christmas and a healthy happy New Year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police investigating armed robbery in parking lot
- Goodwill drops bid to open on 76th Street in Greenfield (1)
- Greenfield faces uphill battle to acquire Kulwicki Park
- Greenfield denies Goodwill store but maybe not for long
- Greenfield Community Youth Theater to debut
- Greenfield police report: July 16
- Major development in Greenfield hits snag (1)
- New St. Vincent de Paul store in Greenfield receives blessing
- Whitnall Middle School principal moves on to Stone Bank School
- Greenfield ready to move ahead with Kulwicki Park maintenance