Greenfield firefighters were called to the scene of a house fire near 104th Street and Howard Avenue about 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
The fire was mostly contained to an upstairs bedroom and remains under investigation, Assistant Fire Chief Steve Bauer said. The second floor suffered smoke damage but water damage was kept to a minimum, he said.
No one was home at the time of the fire. The house was saved, but probably will not be occupied for the next few months, Bauer said.
No damage estimate was available Tuesday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield council approves 2015 budget after no one speaks at hearing
- Video: Verlo stack of 18 mattresses declared a world record by Guinness
- Verlo customers can use beacon iPad to find products
- Low registrations cause drug, alcohol program postponement at Whitnall
- Charity maintains 'legend' of former Whitnall student
- Greenfield crosses big Loomis threshold with chosen developer
- Greenfield tries enhancing safety in 2015 city budget
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police notes: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Greenfield ups emergency preparedness