Greenfield firefighters were called to the scene of a house fire near 104th Street and Howard Avenue about 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
The fire was mostly contained to an upstairs bedroom and remains under investigation, Assistant Fire Chief Steve Bauer said. The second floor suffered smoke damage but water damage was kept to a minimum, he said.
No one was home at the time of the fire. The house was saved, but probably will not be occupied for the next few months, Bauer said.
No damage estimate was available Tuesday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Vehicle stolen in Franklin used in Greenfield carjacking
- Finale on 4th was not so grand
- Greenfield schools heighten security
- Well owners will not dry up
- Greenfield police report 0630 to 0706
- Layton Ave. in Greenfield to be closed for House of Harley rally
- Greenfield police report June 23 to June 29
- Man finds bullet in package of egg rolls
- Greenfield police report June 16-22