Greenfield firefighters were called to the scene of a house fire near 104th Street and Howard Avenue about 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
The fire was mostly contained to an upstairs bedroom and remains under investigation, Assistant Fire Chief Steve Bauer said. The second floor suffered smoke damage but water damage was kept to a minimum, he said.
No one was home at the time of the fire. The house was saved, but probably will not be occupied for the next few months, Bauer said.
No damage estimate was available Tuesday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Major Layton Avenue development in Greenfield rolls forward (1)
- The project SHOW has chosen to sample Greenfield as part of its statewide survey that has been going
- Whitnall School Board chooses facilities advisory committee
- Construction starts for church, community center in Greenfield
- Police release ID of man killed in gunfire
- Greenfield officer involved in shooting
- Greenfield puts restaurant, grocery health inspections online
- New Whitnall Middle School principal is familiar face
- Public being asked about proposed Highway 100 changes in Greenfield