Greenfield firefighters were called to the scene of a house fire near 104th Street and Howard Avenue about 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
The fire was mostly contained to an upstairs bedroom and remains under investigation, Assistant Fire Chief Steve Bauer said. The second floor suffered smoke damage but water damage was kept to a minimum, he said.
No one was home at the time of the fire. The house was saved, but probably will not be occupied for the next few months, Bauer said.
No damage estimate was available Tuesday.
- Whitnall gets new school district superintendent
- Crash kills Milwaukee man in Greenfield
- Greenfield Police Blotter: April 28, 2016
- Parties in the sky coming to House of Harley in Greenfield
- Whitnall names Lisa Olson superintendent of schools
- Severe weather seminar scheduled in Greenfield
- Greenfield Police Blotter: April 21, 2016
- Greenfield News and Notes: April 21
- 84 South retail, multifamily development along Layton Avenue in Greenfield could add $115 million to tax base (3)
- Campus news: April 14, 2016