Greenfield firefighters were called to the scene of a house fire near 104th Street and Howard Avenue about 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
The fire was mostly contained to an upstairs bedroom and remains under investigation, Assistant Fire Chief Steve Bauer said. The second floor suffered smoke damage but water damage was kept to a minimum, he said.
No one was home at the time of the fire. The house was saved, but probably will not be occupied for the next few months, Bauer said.
No damage estimate was available Tuesday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- National Night Out to be celebrated in Greenfield on Aug. 5
- No more waiting lists for child care at Greenfield schools
- Greenfield schools strive to meet tougher nutrition requirements
- Whitnall-rooted Saturday Detention has schooled itself musically
- Greenfield Common Council allows 33 homes to not hook up to city water
- Not all are happy with Greenfield's plan to build a network of sidewalks
- mw_go_police report_0724
- Vehicle stolen in Franklin used in Greenfield carjacking
- Finale on 4th was not so grand