The Greenfield Plan Commission last night gave preliminary approval to a Sonic restaurant opening on the site of the former Rusty Skillet, 4763 S. 27th St.
The drive-in restaurant, known for its custard and roller-skating servers, aims to open in Greenfield by December. Sonic still needs to complete a traffic control plan before getting final Common Council approval.
Under the plan, Rusty Skillet would be demolished to make way for the construction of a new building, which would be 1,700 square feet, though there is no indoor seating. The parcel itself is 41,000 square feet.
If approved, it would be the third Sonic restaurant to open in the Milwaukee area. One opened in West Milwaukee in February and another is planned for Oak Creek.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rebuffed at store, man with walker uses trash can instead of toilet
- Police Notes: Dec. 10
- News & Notes: Dec. 10
- Whitnall School District's woodland could get natural boost
- Police Report: Dec. 10
- Whitnall three-term incumbent won't seek re-election (1)
- News & Notes: Dec. 3
- AT&T's cell tower plan topples for now in Greenfield
- Man tries to scam Greenfield business by claiming to be from We Energies
- Greenfield election filings spark interesting challenge