The Greenfield Plan Commission last night gave preliminary approval to a Sonic restaurant opening on the site of the former Rusty Skillet, 4763 S. 27th St.
The drive-in restaurant, known for its custard and roller-skating servers, aims to open in Greenfield by December. Sonic still needs to complete a traffic control plan before getting final Common Council approval.
Under the plan, Rusty Skillet would be demolished to make way for the construction of a new building, which would be 1,700 square feet, though there is no indoor seating. The parcel itself is 41,000 square feet.
If approved, it would be the third Sonic restaurant to open in the Milwaukee area. One opened in West Milwaukee in February and another is planned for Oak Creek.
- Whitnall gets new school district superintendent
- Crash kills Milwaukee man in Greenfield
- Greenfield Police Blotter: April 28, 2016
- Parties in the sky coming to House of Harley in Greenfield
- Whitnall names Lisa Olson superintendent of schools
- Severe weather seminar scheduled in Greenfield
- Greenfield Police Blotter: April 21, 2016
- Greenfield News and Notes: April 21
- 84 South retail, multifamily development along Layton Avenue in Greenfield could add $115 million to tax base (3)
- Campus news: April 14, 2016