The Greenfield Plan Commission last night gave preliminary approval to a Sonic restaurant opening on the site of the former Rusty Skillet, 4763 S. 27th St.
The drive-in restaurant, known for its custard and roller-skating servers, aims to open in Greenfield by December. Sonic still needs to complete a traffic control plan before getting final Common Council approval.
Under the plan, Rusty Skillet would be demolished to make way for the construction of a new building, which would be 1,700 square feet, though there is no indoor seating. The parcel itself is 41,000 square feet.
If approved, it would be the third Sonic restaurant to open in the Milwaukee area. One opened in West Milwaukee in February and another is planned for Oak Creek.
- Greenfield to open amphitheater with proud marches, dancing, bands
- Greenfield Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- Man, 21, charged in fatal accident on 76th Street in Greenfield
- Video: Greenfield going full speed to become its own internet provider
- Road construction to loom large in Greenfield's Fourth of July bash
- Early morning fire destroys garage in Greenfield, spreads to house
- A new Layton Avenue Baptist Church is rising in Greenfield through skill and faith
- Greenfield Police reports: June 16, 2016
- Fire damages garage of Greenfield home
- Charcoal grill tips over, causes fire at Greenfield home (1)