While Greenfield residents can pick up open-burning permits this month beginning tomorrow, the practice won't continue into summer.
The Fire Department is discontinuing the issuance of such permits because of neighbors' complaints over the smoke, Assistant Fire Chief Steve Bauer said.
Open-burning permits will be available from May 2 through Sunday, May 31, at Fire Station No. 2, 4333 S. 92nd St. After May 31, open burning will no longer be allowed except for cooking grills and small fire pits for recreational purposes.
Bauer added that few people burn leaves because of the Department of Public Works' leaf pickup in the fall, which will continue.
For information, call (414) 545-7946.
- Whitnall gets new school district superintendent
- Crash kills Milwaukee man in Greenfield
- Greenfield Police Blotter: April 28, 2016
- Parties in the sky coming to House of Harley in Greenfield
- Whitnall names Lisa Olson superintendent of schools
- Severe weather seminar scheduled in Greenfield
- Greenfield Police Blotter: April 21, 2016
- Greenfield News and Notes: April 21
- 84 South retail, multifamily development along Layton Avenue in Greenfield could add $115 million to tax base (3)
- Campus news: April 14, 2016