The last place you'd expect to find chickens roaming freely is outside a sandwich shop that serves chicken sandwiches.
According to the Greenfield police report:
That was the case Sept. 10, when a caller reported three chickens were running through the parking lot at Subway on 60th Street and Layton Avenue at about 4:30 a.m.
Police found four chickens there, apparent escapees from a yard in the 4700 block of South 60th Street.
The owner was contacted but wasn't too interested in re-cooping his chickens at that hour. But police were able to corral the chickens with the assistance of Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission.
Police advised the city health department about the code violation, and the owner was given a copy of the city ordinance prohibiting chickens.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis police report: June 18, 2015 issue
- Greenfield reschedules hearing on proposed Goodwill on 76th Street
- Whitnall School District facilities advisory committee taking shape
- West Allis police report: June 11, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: June 11, 2015 issue
- Greenfield principal resigning to go to Kettle Moraine schools (1)
- All of Greenfield reading same book on being a civil society
- Greenfield's Loomis Crossing project could reignite under new taxing district
- Greenfield take step toward creating a city center
- Arrests, citations up during 2015 JansenFest