· Someone broke into a residence in the 3400 block of West College Avenue and stole numerous prescription medications between 10:15 a.m. and 1:15 p.m. Aug. 4.
· A resident in the 3700 block of South Rivershire Drive called police to report someone stole a laptop computer, a tablet and a purse out of his locked apartment at about 9:40 a.m. Aug. 9. A window was pried open to gain entry.
· Someone stole tires off a Nissan Frontier at Boucher Nissan, 4141 S. 108th St., between the late evening hours of Aug. 3 and 7 a.m. Aug. 4.
· An employee called police to report someone broke into a shed and stole propane tanks at U-Haul Rental Center, 4305 S. 108th St., at 10:25 a.m. Aug. 4.
· A man was arrested for theft after an employee at Boucher Nissan, 4141 S. 108th St., pulled into work and saw him pulling metal out of their scrap dumpster at about 5:45 a.m. Aug. 5.
· A caller reported her son's Samsung Galaxy S4 cellphone was stolen at the basketball court area at the YMCA, 11311 W. Howard Ave., sometime between 7:30 and 8 p.m. Aug. 4.
· Someone stole six rolls of galvanized steel and knocked over several Port-O-Johns at a construction site in the 4800 block of South Wingspan Lane between June 5 and Aug. 5. An extra police patrol was requested.
· A woman reported her purse was stolen out of her vehicle while it was parked at the YMCA, 11311 W. Howard Ave., between 6:30 and 7:15 p.m. Aug. 5.
· A resident in the 7900 block of West Allerton Avenue reported an someone stole about $2 in change and a scratch-off lottery ticket out of his vehicles between the late evening hours of Aug. 6 and 6 a.m. Aug. 7.
· A resident in the 4300 block of South 78th Street reported her car was entered and rummaged through between the late evening hours of Aug. 6 and 7 a.m. Aug. 7. The victim stated she did not know if anything was missing from her vehicle, but did find an empty wallet in her yard that may have been from another vehicle break-in.
· A resident in the 4000 block of South 83rd Street called police to report someone stole about $9 from his wife's unlocked vehicle at 8:05 a.m. Aug. 7.
· A resident in the 4200 block of South 83rd Street reported her credit card was stolen out of her vehicle and was used to make fraudulent purchases between the evening hours of Aug. 6 and the 4:10 p.m. Aug. 7.
· A resident in the 8500 block of West Plainfield Avenue called police to report someone stole about $4 out of her vehicle at about 4:50 p.m. Aug. 7.
· A woman called police to report someone stole about $100 from her disabled son's apartment in the 4800 block of South 72nd Street at about 4:50 p.m. Aug. 7.
· A resident in the 3900 block of South Sunset Square called police to report his blue Suzuki motorcycle was stolen between the late evening hours of Aug. 7 and 7 a.m. Aug. 8.
· An employee called police to report someone stole her purse while she was at working at Clement Manor, 9339 W. Howard Ave., at about 7:10 a.m. Aug. 10.
· A resident in the 4900 block of West Cold Spring Road called police to report her boyfriend just broke a window to gain entry into her apartment and then assaulted her at about 6:20 p.m. Aug. 8. The suspect left in a white Buick LeSabre before police arrived.
· A man was arrested for possession of marijuana and was taken into custody for a probation violation during a traffic stop in the 4200 block of South 92nd Street at about 10:40 a.m. Aug. 6.
· Two males were arrested for possession of marijuana at Target, 4777 S. 27th St., at about noon Aug. 6.
· An officer responding to a report of a suspicious, occupied vehicle parked behind a Jimmy K's Bar & Grill, 6815 W. Edgerton Ave., arrested one male for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and another male for possession of marijuana and underage possession of alcohol at about 9:15 p.m. Aug. 7.
· A man was arrested for possession of heroin during a traffic stop in the 5300 block of South 27th Street at about 2:15 p.m. Aug. 9.
· A woman was arrested for drunken driving on South 28th Street and West Ramsey Avenue after a motorist called police to report the driver of a tan Volvo was swerving while driving on the freeway at about 1:25 a.m. Aug. 6. A preliminary breath test indicated a blood alcohol content of .21.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving, disorderly conduct and vandalism after he became intoxicated and punched a hole in the hallway of an apartment building in the 7000 block of West Southridge Drive, broke bottles in the parking lot and drove off. He was pulled over by police in the 4400 block of West Loomis Road at about 2:35 a.m. Aug. 6. Findings of a preliminary breath test for alcohol was unavailable.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving in the 4300 block of South 27th Street at about 1:30 a.m. Aug. 10. The suspect was transported to the hospital for a blood draw, the results of which were unavailable.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving on South 108th Street and West Howard Avenue and was taken into custody for having warrants through the Hales Corners and St. Francis Police Departments at about 2:30 a.m. Aug. 10. The suspect's preliminary blood alcohol content was unavailable.
· An officer reported a portable toilet was struck and knocked over by a vehicle in the 4400 block of South 110th Street at 12:45 a.m. Aug. 5.
· An employee at JoAnn Fabrics, 4950 S. 74th St., called police to report an employee's girlfriend was creating a disturbance by pounding on the windows of the business, and was also seen punching the employee in the face at about 1:20 a.m. Aug. 6. The two left before police arrived. A police report stated the woman would be cited for disorderly conduct.
· An off-duty Greendale firefighter reported a young female prostitute tried to solicit him while he was turning the corner into Anchor Bank on South 27th Street and West Edgerton Avenue at about 10:05 a.m. Aug. 8.
· A woman called police to report an estate company located a hand grenade with the pin still in it at her deceased mother's residence in the 4300 block of South 72nd Street at about 3:05 p.m. Aug. 8.
· A resident was cited for animal at large after his/her German shepherd got loose and attacked a dog that was being walked on a leash by its owner on South 46th Street and West Morgan Avenue at about 6:45 p.m. Aug. 8.
· Greenfield police responded to two domestic violence calls and assisted the fire department with seven rescue calls and one fire call between Aug. 4 and Aug. 10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 4, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 6, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 23, 2014
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 9, 2014
- Greenfield police report: September 4, 2014
- Greenfield police report: August 21, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report 0630 to 0706
- Greenfield police report June 23 to June 29
- Greenfield police report June 16-22
- GREENFIELD 0609 to 0615
- Greenfield Police report June 10
- Greenfield Police Report: June 6
- GREENFIELD 0512 to 0518
- Greenfield police report: May 15