· A man was transported to Froedtert Hospital after his motorcycle was struck by a vehicle that ran a red light on West Loomis Road and West Howard Avenue at about 2:35 p.m. June 28. The driver of the vehicle was cited for disregarding a traffic signal and for a license restriction violation after police discovered she only had an instructional permit and was driving without a licensed driver in her vehicle.
· A child was transported to Children's Hospital for treatment of a face laceration and bruising after the vehicle she was riding in struck a vehicle that attempted to make a left turn directly in front of them on South 76th Street and West Barnard Avenue at about 12:15 p.m. July 3. The driver of the turning vehicle, who was also transported to the hospital, was cited for failure to yield the right of way. The driver of the other vehicle received citations for operating after suspension, no proof of insurance, and for a child safety seat violation after it was discovered the injured child was not buckled into a required child safety seat when the accident occurred.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police seeking suspect in armed robbery at gas station
- Motorist allegedly points handgun at female driver in Greenfield
- Police Notes: Dec. 10
- Suspicious actions results in prowler alert in Greenfield
- Police Notes: Nov. 12
- Police Notes: Oct. 1
- Police Notes: Sept. 17
- Police Notes: Sept. 10
- Texting driver cited after 'flipping the bird' to police officers in unmarked car
- Police Notes: July 23
- Police Notes: July 16
- Police Notes: July 9
- Police Notes: June 5
- Police Notes: May 7
- Police Notes: April 9
- Police Notes: April 2
- Police Notes: March 26
- Police Notes: March 19
- Police Notes: March 12