· A TV, laptop computer and speakers were stolen from a locked residence in the 4300 block of South 80th Street sometime between noon and 3 p.m. June 23. Entry was gained into the home through a rear window.
· A resident reported her unlocked garden shed had been rummaged through during an attempted burglary sometime between 8:30 p.m. June 23 and 4 p.m. June 24. Nothing was reported missing from the shed.
· A resident reported $80 was stolen from her residence in the 4400 block of South 67th Street between the early morning hours and 5 p.m. June 26. The victim stated the deadbolt on her door was locked when she left, but unlocked when she returned. There were no signs of forced entry, according to police.
· A resident in the 6100 block of South 31St. Street reported someone broke into her locked apartment and rummaged through her belongings sometime between 11 a.m. June 26 and 2:30 p.m. June 27. It was unknown if anything was stolen from the apartment at the time of the report.
· A woman reported her cellphone was stolen at Scott E's Pub, 3800 S. 108th St., at about midnight June 18.
· A man was arrested for theft after he was caught taking snacks and money out of a donation box at Med Point Family Care Center, 5233 S. 27th St., at about 11:45 a.m. June 23.
· An unknown male shoplifted a basket full of 5-Hour Energy drinks at Pick 'n Save, 4279 S. 76th St., at about 8:50 p.m. June 24.
· A resident in the 3700 block of West Allerton Avenue called police to report someone cut down five trees in his yard and stole several tools from his shed at about 4:55 p.m. June 26.
· A woman called police at 9:30 a.m. June 27 to report her wallet was stolen at Dollar Tree, 5008 S. 74th St., on June 26. The caller stated that when she arrived home an unknown female came to her door and returned her wallet, but $300 in cash was missing. The female refused to give the caller her name.
· A female was arrested for identification theft, forgery/uttering, obstructing an officer and possession of a marijuana after she attempted to purchase gift cards with fraudulent/stolen credit cards at Walgreen's, 4296 S. 76th St., at about 10 p.m. June 27.
· A caller reported several items were stolen out of her 2000 Honda Accord while it was parked in the 6600 block of West Barnard Avenue at 1:30 p.m. June 28.
· An unknown female shoplifted a hamper full of merchandise at Walgreen's, 4296 S. 76th St., and then fled in a silver vehicle at about 1:15 a.m. June 29.
· An officer responding to a report of a loud argument in an apartment in the 8900 block of West Howard Avenue arrested a man for possession of drug paraphernalia and disorderly conduct at about 8:30 p.m. June 27.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving after he struck a mailbox with his vehicle in the 3700 block of West Layton Avenue at about 3:45 a.m. June 28. The suspect's preliminary blood alcohol content was unavailable.
· A man was transported to the hospital after he lost control of his van and struck another vehicle while both were traveling northbound on South 76th Street and West Edgerton Avenue at about 2:45 p.m. June 11. The driver of the van, who admitted traveling at about 50 mph in a 35-mph zone, was cited for speeding.
· A female was transported to the hospital for treatment of a head injury after she was struck by a vehicle while walking north in the crosswalk on South 76th Street and West Cold Spring Road at about 9:50 a.m. June 14. The driver of the vehicle, who was making a right turn on red at the time of the incident, was cited for failure to yield the right of way.
· A female was cited for underage drinking after a manager at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., called police to escort her off the property at about 12:50 a.m. June 24. A preliminary breath test indicated a blood alcohol content of .30.
· A male was arrested for prowling after a resident saw him walking into her backyard and other private properties in the 5100 block of South Tuckaway Drive at about 2 p.m. June 24.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: July 16
- Greenfield police report: June 11, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: June 4, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: May 7, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 30, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 19, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 12, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 5, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 19, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 4, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue