· A resident in the 5000 block of South 55th Street reported 120 of his prescription pain pills were stolen from his apartment at 7:10 p.m. June 17. The victim stated this was the second time in the past month that his pain medication was stolen from his home.
· A resident in the 4800 block of South 94th Street reported an unknown person(s) stole two glass gazing balls from his yard at about 10 a.m. June 16.
· Two central air conditioning units were stolen from the east side of a residence in the 3400 block of West Howard Avenue sometime between 9 p.m. June 15 and 3 p.m. June 16.
· An unknown male fled police on foot after his tan Chevy Tahoe was pulled over on South 27th Street and West Layton Avenue at about 9:40 p.m. June 16. It was later determined that the vehicle was stolen from Diamond Jim's. The suspect, described as a black male wearing a green and black coat and shorts, was not located.
· An unknown person(s) stole batteries out of a box truck parked at TJ Maxx, 4200 S. 76th St., sometime between 9 p.m. June 17 and 6:50 p.m. June 18.
· A silver Oldsmobile Delta 88 was stolen from the lot at Great Midwest, 4775 S. 27th St., sometime between 8 p.m. June 17 and 8 p.m. June 18.
· A CD/radio with Bluetooth capabilities, air conditioning/heat controls and two amplifiers were reported stolen from a Honda Civic parked in the 6600 block of West Barnard Avenue at 10:45 a.m. June 19.
· A male reported a handgun was stolen from his vehicle while it was parked in the lot at Best Buy, 4610 S. 76th St., at about 7:30 p.m. June 18.
· Two unknown males shoplifted merchandise at Napa Auto Parts, 4600 S. 108th St., and then fled the lot in a black Ford Taurus at about 6:35 p.m. June 19.
· A resident reported her son's bicycle was stolen in the 3600 block of South 120th Street at about 6:40 p.m. June 20.
· A caller reported someone stole a tire off her boyfriend's vehicle while it was parked in the 4000 block of South 84th Street at 11:05 a.m. June 21.
· Loss prevention reported two unknown males and one female shoplifted a cart full of groceries at Pick N Save, 4279 S. 76th St., and then fled in a small, red car at about 3:30 p.m. June 21.
· A resident in the 3100 block of West American Drive reported another resident stole his water toys and then fled to his apartment at about 3:35 p.m. June 21.
· Two unknown teens, a male and a female, shoplifted a bottle of liquor at Sendik's, 7901 W. Layton Ave., and then fled in a light gray Camry at about 7:05 p.m. June 21.
· An unknown person(s) broke into a secured outside locker and stole 10 propane tanks at Supreme Gas & Food, 4691 S. 27th St., sometime between noon June 20 and noon June 22.
· Two unknown males shoplifted four Nooks at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., and then fled in a late 90s gray Chevrolet Blazer the morning of June 22.
· Police investigating a tan Chevy Cavalier that was facing the wrong way on West Layton Avenue and West Loomis Road arrested the driver for drunken driving at about 12:45 a.m. June 21. The driver's preliminary blood alcohol content was unavailable.
· An unknown person(s) broke out the back window of a Toyota Camry parked in the 3600 block of South 32nd Street sometime between 7:15 and 10:30 a.m. June 22. Nothing was reported stolen from inside the vehicle.
· A manager found four needles in the women's restroom at McDonald's, 4275 S. 27th St., at and turned them over to police at about 10 p.m. June 18.A resident in the 9100 block of West Allerton Avenue called police after his daughter bought an unopened package of egg rolls from the Greenfield Pick N Save, and when he went to eat one at about 6:30 a.m. June 19, he bit into a bullet that was inside the egg roll. The resident confirmed the packaging was intact before he opened it and there were no incidents at his house where a bullet could have become lodged in his food. The resident was advised to contact Pick N Save and the manufacturer of the egg rolls to report the incident.
· A security employee called police to report there was a male conducting himself inappropriately in the shoe department at TJ Maxx, 4200 S. 76th St., at about 6:10 p.m. June 19. Police responded and arrested the man for lewd and lascivious behavior after they found out he exposed his genitals in the shoe aisle after seeing some young ladies walk by.
· A man called 911 to report a heavy-set, blonde female patron got belligerent with him and kicked him out of the Corner Club Bar, 4309 W. Grange Avenue, at about 10:15 p.m. June 20. The responding officers discovered the caller and the subject got into a fight over a dice game, and the caller was asked to leave by the bar employees. He was told he would be cited for trespassing if he returned to the bar and was warned about misusing 911.
· A 911 caller reported a man was kneeling on the ground on West Loomis Road and West Layton Avenue at about 6:10 p.m. June 21. The responding officers located the subject, who stated he was just being "his normal intoxicated self," and against the officers' advice he decided to continue his walk to Longshots Sports Bar.
· A male was arrested for prowling after he was seen trying door handles on cars parked in a lot in the 3700 block of West Loomis Road at about 11:45 p.m. June 22.
· Greenfield police responded to two domestic violence calls and assisted with nine rescue calls and two fire calls between June 16 and June 22.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 19, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 4, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 6, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 23, 2014
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 9, 2014
- Greenfield police report: September 4, 2014
- Greenfield police report: August 21, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report 0804 to 0810
- Greenfield police report 0630 to 0706
- Greenfield police report June 23 to June 29
- GREENFIELD 0609 to 0615
- Greenfield Police report June 10
- Greenfield Police Report: June 6