· Two unknown men pulled a woman out of her vehicle, threw her to the ground and stole her vehicle, with her dog still inside, in the 3400 block of South Crandon Place at about 11:25 p.m. The vehicle was found, abandoned, near South 43rd Street and West Morgan Avenue, but the dog was not in the vehicle. At about noon June 13, a Milwaukee resident found the dog and brought it to the Greenfield Police Station, where it was reunited with its owner. The suspects have not been located.
· A resident in the 4700 block of West Anthony Drive called 911 after two unknown males came to his residence, pointed a gun at him and demanded his vehicle at about 5:30 a.m. June 15. The suspects, described only as two black males, fled through the backyard after the attempted carjacking and police were unable to locate them.
· A resident in the 4300 block of South 45th Street reported a lawnmower and other items were stolen out of his garage sometime between the late evening hours of June 10 and 7 a.m. June 11.
· A resident reported $40 was stolen from his room at South Pointe Health Care Center, 4500 W. Loomis Road, sometime between 8:30 a.m. and 6:15 p.m. June 9.
· A woman reported her cell phone was stolen while she was at Scott E's Pub, 3800 S. 108th St., at 11:40 a.m. June 9.
· Two unlocked vehicles parked in the 3500 block of South 47th Street were rummaged through and a small amount of change was stolen out of one of the vehicles sometime between the late evening hours of June 10 and 6 a.m. June 11.
· A pair of sunglasses and an undisclosed amount of change were stolen out of an unlocked vehicle parked in a driveway in the 4700 block of West Morgan Avenue between the late evening hours of June 10 and 9 a.m. June 11.
· A resident reported someone rummaged through her 2003 Jeep while it was parked in the 3700 block of South 53rd Street between the late evening hours of June 10 and 9:30 a.m. June 11. It was unknown at the time of the report if anything was stolen from the vehicle.
· A caller reported an iPod and cash were stolen out of his vehicle while it was parked at Best Buy, 4610 S. 76th St., at 5:40 p.m. June 11. The report did not state if the vehicle was locked or unlocked at the time of the theft.
· A resident in the 3700 block of South 46th Street reported a small amount of change was stolen from her unlocked car between 7 p.m. June 10 and 10:15 a.m. June 12.
· A woman was arrested for shoplifting after she was seen taking items out of packages, concealing them, and then left the empty packages lying around the store at Jo Ann Fabrics, 4950 S. 74th St., at about 1 p.m. June 12.
· An employee reported an unknown man shoplifted several bottles of liquor at Pick 'n Save, 4279 S. 76th St., and then fled in a white and blue Cadillac at about 7 p.m. June 12.
· An unknown person stole a carpet cleaner at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., and then fled in a red vehicle at about 6:55 p.m. June 12.
· A caller reported his wallet containing $100 and a credit card was stolen off the counter at Supreme Gas, 4691 S. 27th St., at about 7 p.m. June 12.
· Two juvenile males were arrested for theft after they were seen rummaging through an unlocked vehicle on South 113th Street and West Morgan Avenue at about 2:55 a.m. June 14.
· A resident in the 12300 block of West Barnard Avenue reported a package containing a ring was stolen out of their mailbox at about 7:45 p.m. June 14.
· An officer investigating an occupied vehicle parked at Arby's, 4280 S. 76th St., arrested a man for possession of drug paraphernalia and obstructing at about 1 a.m. June 9.
· A male was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia on South 74th Street and West Layton Avenue at about 3:45 a.m. June 14.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving after a motorist reported an erratic driver on South 84th Street and West Layton Avenue at about 11:05 a.m. June 9. A preliminary breath test indicated a blood alcohol content of 0.22.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving (second offense) on South 27 Street and West Layton Avenue after a motorist reported seeing a green Honda swerving all over the freeway at about 5:20 p.m. June 12. The suspect was taken to the hospital for a blood draw, the results of which were unavailable.
· Police and the Greenfield Fire Department responded to the 5300 block of West Allerton Avenue after a 911 caller reported an elderly male was complaining of back and shoulder pain and his car was stuck in a ditch at about 4:45 p.m. June 13. The responding officers discovered the man's car rolled out of the driveway and into the ditch in front of his home, and he was hit by the driver's door, which knocked him to the ground. The man was transported to Froedtert by the Greenfield Fire Department.
· A resident in the 4300 block of South 46th Street reported the lock was damaged on his storage shed during an attempted burglary that occurred sometime between 3 p.m. June 7 and 5:30 p.m. June 12.
· A resident in the 8500 block of West Bottsford Avenue reported someone made a "Drano bomb" out of a two-liter bottle, taped it to her mailbox and blew it up sometime just after midnight on June 13. According to the caller, this is the second time her mailbox has been targeted in the last month.
· An unknown person(s) slashed tires on two vehicles parked in the 4600 block of South 109th Street sometime between 7:15 and 8:15 p.m. June 15.
· An employee reported an unknown person passed a counterfeit $20 bill at McDonald's, 4275 S. 27th St., at 9:40 a.m. June 10. The employee stated the bill was passed on June 9.
· A resident called 911 to report a male was causing problems and stole something from an apartment in the 8800 block of West Waterford Square at about 2 a.m. June 10. Police made contact with the male, who had taken a snake from the residence because he was concerned about its care. The male agreed to return the snake and management was notified about the reptile situation in the apartment.
· An employee at Cousin's Subs, 6201 S. 27th St., reported an older man was hanging around the business for several hours bothering customers, pulling cups out of the outside garbage area and filling them with soda, and attempted to charge numerous sandwiches using a declined credit card at about 5:20 p.m. June 12. Police made contact with the man and advised him to leave the business for the rest of the day.
· A man was arrested for disorderly conduct after a caller reported a man was hitting a woman and she was screaming for someone to call police at the Blood Center of Wisconsin, 7210 W. Edgerton Ave., at about 6:35 p.m. June 12.
· A man was arrested for disorderly conduct after threatening an employee at Verizon Wireless, 4965 S. 76th St., at about noon June 13. The man was allegedly upset because he was trying to call a cell phone that had blocked calls from his phone, and he told the employee that if she didn't help him with his cell phone issues, he would come back and shoot her and that her life expectancy depended on her fixing his phone issues.
· A man was arrested for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest and was cited for loud and unnecessary noise after his neighbor called police to report he was pounding on his apartment door at about 7:40 a.m. June 15. When officers arrived the man started yelling obscenities at police and started throwing things off his balcony, possibly trying to strike the squads. He eventually came out of his apartment but refused to follow police orders, and an officer had to deploy a Taser to subdue him in order to take him into custody.
· Greenfield police responded to one domestic violence call and assisted with nine rescue calls and one fire call between June 9 and June 15.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 19, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 12, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 5, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 19, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 4, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 6, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 23, 2014
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 9, 2014
- Greenfield police report: September 4, 2014
- Greenfield police report: August 21, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report 0804 to 0810
- Greenfield police report 0630 to 0706