Scott Otto, who has served as the head football coach at Greenfield High School since 2010, has resigned his coaching duties as of Tuesday, citing professional reasons.
He made the statement:
"In the interest of doing the best job possible for the school district as the associate principal and athletics and activities director at Greenfield High School, I've decided to step down as the head football coach.
"In the four years that I have served as the coach, the Hawks' football program has grown and improved, and the program is well-prepared for future success. I am proud of our accomplishments and I look forward to seeing the current players prosper on the field, in the classroom and in the community."
Otto will remain as the associate principal and athletics/activities director and the school district will begin seeking a football head coach, immediately.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Major Layton Avenue development in Greenfield rolls forward (1)
- The project SHOW has chosen to sample Greenfield as part of its statewide survey that has been going
- Whitnall School Board chooses facilities advisory committee
- Construction starts for church, community center in Greenfield
- Police release ID of man killed in gunfire
- Greenfield officer involved in shooting
- Greenfield puts restaurant, grocery health inspections online
- New Whitnall Middle School principal is familiar face
- Public being asked about proposed Highway 100 changes in Greenfield