As of Wednesday morning, fire officials were still determining the cause of an early morning fire that broke out in a garage and spread to a home at 5305 S. 28th St., Greenfield.
A call came in at 2:23 a.m. Wednesday, April 23, and by 2:50 a.m. the fire was under control. The garage containing a motorcycle was lost but the home was saved. Intense heat damaged cars parked in the driveway, melting the front end of the car closest to the garage.
Damage is estimated at roughly $100,000. The owner said he was awakened by loud houses that could have been explosions coming from the garage area.
The family of four got out safely. Greenfield firefighters rescued two cats and a bunny.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield starts review of proposed 2016 city budget
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Greenfield School Board to fill vacancy by appointment
- Little Free Library in Greenfield gift of love — twice
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Amphitheater plan in Greenfield moves along with help of impact fees
- Attendant to oversee Greenfield solid waste drop-off site (2)
- Ditch won't stop $150 million proposed commercial, residential project in Greenfield
- Partnership buys Barnes & Noble Center in Greenfield
- Ordinance allowing beekeeping to be drafted in Greenfield