As of Wednesday morning, fire officials were still determining the cause of an early morning fire that broke out in a garage and spread to a home at 5305 S. 28th St., Greenfield.
A call came in at 2:23 a.m. Wednesday, April 23, and by 2:50 a.m. the fire was under control. The garage containing a motorcycle was lost but the home was saved. Intense heat damaged cars parked in the driveway, melting the front end of the car closest to the garage.
Damage is estimated at roughly $100,000. The owner said he was awakened by loud houses that could have been explosions coming from the garage area.
The family of four got out safely. Greenfield firefighters rescued two cats and a bunny.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall-rooted Saturday Detention has schooled itself musically
- Greenfield Common Council allows 33 homes to not hook up to city water
- Not all are happy with Greenfield's plan to build a network of sidewalks
- mw_go_police report_0724
- Vehicle stolen in Franklin used in Greenfield carjacking
- Finale on 4th was not so grand
- Greenfield schools heighten security
- Well owners will not dry up
- Greenfield police report 0630 to 0706