As of Wednesday morning, fire officials were still determining the cause of an early morning fire that broke out in a garage and spread to a home at 5305 S. 28th St., Greenfield.
A call came in at 2:23 a.m. Wednesday, April 23, and by 2:50 a.m. the fire was under control. The garage containing a motorcycle was lost but the home was saved. Intense heat damaged cars parked in the driveway, melting the front end of the car closest to the garage.
Damage is estimated at roughly $100,000. The owner said he was awakened by loud houses that could have been explosions coming from the garage area.
The family of four got out safely. Greenfield firefighters rescued two cats and a bunny.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners Eagle Scout's signs point the way at Whitnall Park
- A mother talks of her loss to heroin
- Whitnall High School performs Shakespeare classic with a flare
- Greenfield man charged as part of prescription fraud ring
- Greenfield schools 'right-sizing' enrollment for smaller classes
- Greenfield restricts car sales at homes
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 9, 2014
- Equipment upgrades, Wi-Fi pleadged in sale of Milwaukee-area YMCAs
- Police warn couple of misuse of 911 after they argued with each other
- Greenfield mayor vetoes overflow lot for mosque