Dean T. Schaefer, 50, of Milwaukee was charged in Milwaukee County Circuit Court Friday, April 18, with ninth offense operating while intoxicated after a road rage incident the previous night in Greenfield.
At about 7:30 p.m. April 17, Greenfield dispatchers received a report from a driver that a pickup truck was chasing him on Highway 100 near Cold Spring Road. The driver of the car reported that Shaefer had gotten out of his truck at a red light and approached him allegedly yelling and pounding his fist.
Police officers stopped Schaefer in the 9500 block of Layton Avenue where he failed field sobriety tests and a preliminary breath test indicated a blood-alcohol content of 0.12.
Schaefer's driving record shows eight previous convictions for OWI dating back to 1989.
The ninth offense OWI is a class G felony with a minimum sentence of three years and maximum sentence of 10 years and up to a $25,000 fine.
The legal blood alcohol limit for a person with more than three previous convictions is 0.02.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis police report: May 28, 2015 issue
- Whitnall stages award-winning theater production
- Annual roadwork is full steam ahead in Greenfield and West Allis
- Greenfield police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Veteran's tribute slated for Arlington Park
- Four days of fun, music, food coming to JansenFest in Greenfield (1)
- 30-unit facility for elderly gets nod from Greenfield Plan Commission
- Greenfield to hold public hearing June 16 on proposed Goodwill store (2)
- Greenfield police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- West Allis police report: May 14, 2015 issue