Dean T. Schaefer, 50, of Milwaukee was charged in Milwaukee County Circuit Court Friday, April 18, with ninth offense operating while intoxicated after a road rage incident the previous night in Greenfield.
At about 7:30 p.m. April 17, Greenfield dispatchers received a report from a driver that a pickup truck was chasing him on Highway 100 near Cold Spring Road. The driver of the car reported that Shaefer had gotten out of his truck at a red light and approached him allegedly yelling and pounding his fist.
Police officers stopped Schaefer in the 9500 block of Layton Avenue where he failed field sobriety tests and a preliminary breath test indicated a blood-alcohol content of 0.12.
Schaefer's driving record shows eight previous convictions for OWI dating back to 1989.
The ninth offense OWI is a class G felony with a minimum sentence of three years and maximum sentence of 10 years and up to a $25,000 fine.
The legal blood alcohol limit for a person with more than three previous convictions is 0.02.
- Whitnall gets new school district superintendent
- Crash kills Milwaukee man in Greenfield
- Greenfield Police Blotter: April 28, 2016
- Parties in the sky coming to House of Harley in Greenfield
- Whitnall names Lisa Olson superintendent of schools
- Severe weather seminar scheduled in Greenfield
- Greenfield Police Blotter: April 21, 2016
- Greenfield News and Notes: April 21
- 84 South retail, multifamily development along Layton Avenue in Greenfield could add $115 million to tax base (3)
- Campus news: April 14, 2016