Dean T. Schaefer, 50, of Milwaukee was charged in Milwaukee County Circuit Court Friday, April 18, with ninth offense operating while intoxicated after a road rage incident the previous night in Greenfield.
At about 7:30 p.m. April 17, Greenfield dispatchers received a report from a driver that a pickup truck was chasing him on Highway 100 near Cold Spring Road. The driver of the car reported that Shaefer had gotten out of his truck at a red light and approached him allegedly yelling and pounding his fist.
Police officers stopped Schaefer in the 9500 block of Layton Avenue where he failed field sobriety tests and a preliminary breath test indicated a blood-alcohol content of 0.12.
Schaefer's driving record shows eight previous convictions for OWI dating back to 1989.
The ninth offense OWI is a class G felony with a minimum sentence of three years and maximum sentence of 10 years and up to a $25,000 fine.
The legal blood alcohol limit for a person with more than three previous convictions is 0.02.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis police report: June 18, 2015 issue
- Greenfield reschedules hearing on proposed Goodwill on 76th Street
- Whitnall School District facilities advisory committee taking shape
- West Allis police report: June 11, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: June 11, 2015 issue
- Greenfield principal resigning to go to Kettle Moraine schools (1)
- All of Greenfield reading same book on being a civil society
- Greenfield's Loomis Crossing project could reignite under new taxing district
- Greenfield take step toward creating a city center
- Arrests, citations up during 2015 JansenFest