· An employee at Speedway, 4265 S. 60th St., was robbed at gunpoint by an unknown male at about 11:55 p.m., April 11. The suspect, who was wearing a black mask, black clothing and carrying a duffle bag, displayed a small, black handgun and demanded cash. The suspect was a passenger in a tan-colored vehicle that was last seen traveling eastbound on West Coldspring Road.
· Two unknown males stole 30 to 50 cartons of Newport and Marlboro cigarettes and an unknown amount of cigars during a burglary at Speedway, 3390 W. Loomis Road, at about 3:40 a.m., April 7. The suspects gained entry to the business by prying open a door on the northeast side of the business.
· Copper wire and vehicle parts were stolen from a locked residence and garage in the 3600 block of South 32nd Street at 3:15 p.m. April 9. The unknown suspect(s) broke a lasp and hatch on a shed door and entered the home through an attached garage. The caller stated the burglary took place sometime between April 7 and 9.
· A resident in the 3800 block of South 36th Street reported an unknown subject(s) stole a ladder, golf clubs and a snow blower out of her garage at 6:10 p.m. April 11.
· A pink rhinestone crystal bracelet was stolen during a craft fair at Whitnall High School, 5000 S. 116th St., between 9 and 11 a.m. April 5.
· Two unknown females shoplifted several purses at TJ Maxx, 4200 S. 76th St., and were last seen traveling northbound on South 76th Street in a silver Chevy at about 4 p.m. April 8.
· A caller reported two tires were stolen off his car while it was parked in the 6500 block of West English Meadows Drive on either April 8 or April 9.
· A cell phone, a purse, two jackets and shopping bags containing various items were reported stolen from a locked 2004 Park Avenue while it was parked at Olive Garden Restaurant, 4760 S. 76th St., at 1:15 p.m. April 9. The unknown suspect(s) broke a window to gain entry.
· An employee reported an unknown male subject stole a rack containing jelly packets off a table at The Forum, 4711 S. 108th St., and was last seen walking northbound on South 108th Street at about 4 a.m. April 11. The restaurant did not want to pursue theft charges against the subject but wanted him advised that he was no longer welcome at the business.
· A woman's engagement ring and several other items were stolen out of a locked vehicle parked at Red Lobster, 4645 S. 76th St., between 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. The unknown suspect(s) broke the passenger side window to gain entry.
· A woman reported her purse was stolen at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., after she accidentally left it in her shopping cart at about 2:30 p.m. April 12.
· Two 4-inch-long, blue flashing solar lights were stolen from a driveway in the 4400 block of South 92nd Street between 11 p.m. April 12 and 7 a.m. April 13.
· Four unknown females shoplifted eight pairs of men's pants at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., and then fled southbound on South 108th Street in a blue Audi at about 4:35 p.m. April 13. Officers stopped the vehicle on Interstate 894, but the driver fled when the officer approached the vehicle.
· Police responding to a report of a man having a seizure inside a white Chevy truck at Forest Home Liquor, 5612 W. Forest Home Ave., arrested the man for possession of heroin and cited him for possession of drug paraphernalia at about 7 p.m. April 11. The suspect was transported to St. Francis Hospital by the Greenfield Fire Department and was later conveyed back to the police department for booking.
· A subject was arrested for possession of marijuana during a traffic stop in the 4900 block of South 76th Street at about 9:45 p.m. April 11.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving (second offense) in the 5000 block of South 108th Street at about 3 a.m. April 12. He was transported to the hospital for a blood draw, the results of which were unavailable.
· A woman was arrested for drunken driving after an employee reported a driver was falling asleep in her car while going through the drive-thru at McDonald's, 5040 S. 76th St., at 3:20 a.m. April 12. Her preliminary blood alcohol content was .13.
· A subject was arrested for drunken driving in the 3600 block of South 46th Street at 2:40 a.m. April 13. The subject's blood alcohol content was unavailable.
· An employee at the City of Greenfield Department of Public Works reported graffiti on the bridge near West Morgan Avenue and South 116th Street at about 10:35 a.m. April 7. The employee also reported graffiti on city and county signs on South 116th Street.
· A caller reported a window was smashed out on his 2002 Dodge Caravan while it was parked at Elim Tabernacle, 5000 S. 60th St., at 11:45 a.m. April 13. Nothing was reported missing from inside the vehicle.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: September 4, 2014
- Greenfield police report: August 21, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report 0804 to 0810
- Greenfield police report 0630 to 0706
- Greenfield police report June 23 to June 29
- Greenfield police report June 16-22
- GREENFIELD 0609 to 0615
- Greenfield Police report June 10
- Greenfield Police Report: June 6
- GREENFIELD 0512 to 0518
- Greenfield police report: May 15
- Greenfield Police Report: May 8
- Police report: April 22
- Police Report: April 8
- Police Report: April 1
- Police Report: March 25
- Police Report: March 18
- Police Report: March 11
- Police Report: March 4
- Police Report: Feb. 25