The Greenfield High School Drama group has been chosen to perform at the American High School Theatre Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland, in 2015.
The school received three nominations after last fall's production of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat."
Once nominated by a state, regional or national theater association, the director fills out application paperwork and submits up to 10 pages of supporting materials to a board of advisers. The board ranks the applications based on most recent bodies of work, honors and awards, technical ability, community involvement, philosophies, recommendations and overall dramatic excellence.
Top-ranking applicants are invited to perform in the festival.
Now comes the difficult work of raising more than $6,000 per student for the trip.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis police report: June 18, 2015 issue
- Greenfield reschedules hearing on proposed Goodwill on 76th Street
- Whitnall School District facilities advisory committee taking shape
- West Allis police report: June 11, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: June 11, 2015 issue
- Greenfield principal resigning to go to Kettle Moraine schools (1)
- All of Greenfield reading same book on being a civil society
- Greenfield's Loomis Crossing project could reignite under new taxing district
- Greenfield take step toward creating a city center
- Arrests, citations up during 2015 JansenFest