· Undisclosed items were taken from an unlocked garage in the 3600 block of South 53rd Street at 3:50 p.m. Feb. 5. The suspect, described as a white male between the ages of 18 and 25, fled in a gray Oldsmobile.
· A safe deposit box and an undisclosed amount of money were taken from an apartment in the 3900 block of South Prairie Hill Lane during the day Feb. 7.
· Two unidentified suspects took a 1983 white Chevy Custom cargo van in the 5500 block of Honey Creek Drive at about 4:45 a.m. Feb. 3. They were last seen driving the stolen vehicle northbound on Honey Creek Drive near Grange Avenue.
· A Chevy Caprice was taken in the 5200 block of South 31st Street between 11 p.m. Feb. 2 and 6 a.m. Feb. 3. The car was later found in the 3300 block of West Grange Avenue with the rear wing window broken out and the steering column peeled. Police believe the theft might be related to another auto theft in the area.
· A silver Mitsubishi was taken in the 5300 block of South 27th Street at about 4:10 a.m. Feb. 5. The victim, a woman who was driving along her newspaper route at the time, had a .44 Magnum handgun in the vehicle's glove compartment.
· A garage door opener was taken out of a vehicle in the 3500 block of South 32nd Street prior to 6 a.m. Feb. 5. Nothing was reported missing from his garage. An extra patrol watch was requested.
· A male suspect was arrested for theft after he took a piece of electronic equipment from a patient in a waiting room at Advanced Pain Management, 4448 W. Loomis Road, at about 2 p.m. Feb. 5. The suspect and two others accompanying him were also arrested for possession of marijuana.
· An unidentified man and woman shoplifted two Dyson vacuum cleaners at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., about 6:05 p.m. Feb. 5. The suspects entered a pickup with an extended cab that was waiting for them in the parking lot and fled the area.
· Two suspects were arrested for vehicle theft (driving a vehicle without the owner's consent) after they were pulled over in the 6000 block of West Layton Avenue at 1:10 p.m. Feb. 6. They were in a 1995 white GMC van that had been reported as stolen in Milwaukee.
· Two unidentified male suspects shoplifted two cases of cat food at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., and then fled the lot in a dark blue or green Oldsmobile 98 at about 1:30 p.m. Feb. 6.
· A tire was taken off a vehicle in the 3000 block of West Colony Drive prior to 2:05 p.m. Feb. 6.
· A male suspect was arrested for shoplifting after he was seen concealing items at Best Buy, 4610 S. 76th St., at about 3:15 p.m. Feb. 6. He was also taken into custody when police found he had outstanding warrants through both the Franklin and Oak Creek police departments.
· A chain saw was taken from a storage locker in the 4800 block of South 72nd Street prior to 4:45 p.m. Feb. 6.
· A woman's purse was stolen while she was shopping at Aldi, 4615 W. Layton Ave., about 6:45 p.m. Feb. 9.
· One boy was arrested for battery and another boy was arrested and cited for disorderly conduct after a physical altercation at Greenfield High School, 4800 S. 60th St., at 11:50 a.m. Feb. 6.
· Police responded to a residence in the 4800 block of South Katelyn Circle after a man called 911 to report his fiancée, who had taken a couple of pain pills and may have ingested crack cocaine, was attempting to physically confront him at 12:05 a.m. Feb. 5. The woman told police she was trying to blackmail him into purchasing more crack cocaine and also told police there was marijuana in the apartment. Both the man and the woman were arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
· A woman was arrested for drunken driving at Walgreens, 4296 S. 76th St., at 12:20 a.m. Feb. 4. A store manager had reported that the woman had passed out in the driver's seat of a red Kia with the engine running in the store's parking lot. She refused chemical breath testing and was taken into custody.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving on South 27th Street and West Ramsey Avenue at 3:15 a.m. Feb. 8. The subject's preliminary blood alcohol content was unavailable.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving (third offense) after a caller reported seeing an unconscious male in the driver's seat of a vehicle on South 84th Street and West Layton Avenue at 9:05 a.m. Feb. 8. He was transported to the hospital for a legal blood draw, the results of which were unavailable.
· Graffiti was spray-painted on a two garage door and near a trash bin in the 4200 block of South Ridgewood Lane between late evening Feb. 2 and 8 a.m. Feb. 3.
· A man was arrested for disorderly conduct after an altercation with bouncers in the parking lot at Scott E's Pub, 3800 S. 108th St., at 1:15 a.m. Feb. 6.
· A male suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct after he caused a disturbance in the lobby at the Greenfield Police Department, 5300 W. Layton Ave., at 7:40 p.m. Feb. 7.
· Six suspects were arrested for underage drinking, one was cited for loud/unnecessary noise and another was arrested for obstructing after police responded to an underage drinking party that spilled into the common area of an apartment building in the 4300 block of South 71st Street at 12:30 a.m. Feb. 8.
· An employee at Kim's Thai Restaurant, 5455 S. 27th St., called police at 7:50 p.m. Feb. 8 to report an unidentified man called the restaurant 26 times to order food delivery after being told not to call the restaurant again by management. The restaurant apparently could not deliver food at the time the man called because they no longer had a driver, but the man continued to call regardless. He also told police he was upset because "they don't speak English there" and was uncooperative to police over the phone. He was advised by police that he would be arrested for harassment if he called the restaurant again.
· Greenfield police responded to three domestic violence calls and assisted with one rescue call and two fire calls between Feb. 3 and Feb. 9.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police blotter: Jan. 28, 2016
- Greenfield police report: Jan. 21, 2016
- Greenfield police blotter: Jan. 7
- Greenfield police blotter: Dec. 31
- Greenfield Police blotter: Dec. 24
- Greenfield Police blotter: Oct. 22
- Greenfield Police Blotter: Oct. 15
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Greenfield police report: July 16
- Greenfield police report: June 11, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: June 4, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: May 7, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 30, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 19, 2015 issue