· A male suspect entered Subway, 4166 S. 108th St., implied he had a weapon in his pocket and attempted to rob the business at 4:50 p.m. Jan. 20. The suspect, who was wearing a dark hoodie, blue surgical mask and some type of bandana over his eyes, took a black veggie container before fleeing the business. A police dog tracked the suspect to South 108th Street and West Cold Spring Road, where it appeared he got into a vehicle. Police have identified the suspect nd were still attempting to locate the known him at the time of the report.
· An unidentified male suspect displayed a black semi-automatic handgun during a robbery at Pizza Hut, 3322 W. Loomis Road, at about 1:58 p.m. Jan. 21. He got away with $163 and was last seen fleeing on foot towards the rear of the business. He was described as Hispanic, 5 feet 10 inches tall, with a thin build and wearing a long gray trenchcoat, black gloves and a black neoprene face mask.
· Police responded to a residence in the 6000 block of South 36th Street after a neighbor saw someone inside the home when the owners were away at 12:20 p.m. Jan. 22. Officers confirmed a rear window on the home was broken for entry and several pieces of jewelry were taken. The suspect is described as a white male wearing a brown jacket, khaki pants and brown hiking boots with large lugs.
· Several watches, including a Rolex and a pocket watch, were taken from an apartment in the 4800 block of South 69th Street between 3:30 and 6:30 p.m. Jan. 24.
· A woman's wheelchair was taken from the front entrance of her residence in the 5000 block of South 55th Street prior to 12:40 p.m. Jan. 20. Officers spoke to several tenants, who said they believed another tenant borrowed it. However, the tenant was not available to speak to officers at the time of the complaint. Police were following up with the victim at the time of the report.
· An employee reported an unidentified male and female attempted to shoplift vacuum accessories at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., and then fled westbound in a silver Pontiac Grand Am at about 12:45 p.m. Jan. 23.
· Fifty metal baking pans were taken from bakery carts outside of Panera Bread, 7840 W. Layton Ave., between noon and 1:40 p.m. Jan. 23.
· Three people were arrested for shoplifting after they were seen concealing merchandise at Target, 4777 S. 27th St., at 5:30 p.m. Jan. 23. One of the suspects was also arrested for resisting arrest and was taken into custody for having a valid warrant from the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department.
· Two unidentified males shoplifted "armfuls" of books at Barnes & Noble, 4935 S. 76th St., at 12:30 p.m. Jan. 24. The suspects were described as a tall, white male with a crew-cut hairstyle and wearing a white shirt underneath a Green Bay Packer "Woodson" jersey and a tall, white male with dark hair and wearing a black hooded sweatshirt. They fled in a four-door, maroon vehicle.
· An unidentified man shoplifted an undisclosed amount of merchandise at Walgreens, 4688 S. 108th St., at about 6:20 p.m. Jan. 24. The suspect, described as a black male wearing glasses, a black jacket and hat, fled before police arrived.
· Two male suspects shoplifted multiple cases of soda and other miscellaneous items at Pick 'n Save, 4279 S. 76th St., at about 6:55 p.m. Jan. 24. The suspects, a white male wearing a Chicago Bulls hat and a red Indians coat and a white male wearing a gray and red coat, red stocking hat and blue jeans, fled in a Ford Focus before police arrived.
· A tan purse, a laptop computer and a diagnostic cable were taken from a locked vehicle at Old Country Buffet, 4902 S. 74th St., between 12:15 and 1:15 pm. Jan. 25. A window was smashed for entry.
· A 18-year-old man was arrested for possession of marijuana after he was pulled over for a traffic violation on 43rd Street and Layton Avenue at 5:35 p.m. Jan. 24.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving (second offense) in the 5100 block of South 43rd Street at 12:45 a.m. Jan. 20. His preliminary blood alcohol content was unavailable.
· A Milwaukee man was arrested for making harassing phone calls after a resident in the 4500 block of West Morgan Avenue reported receiving continuous phone calls from him at 2:10 a.m. Jan. 20.
· A man was arrested for disorderly conduct in the parking lot at Aldi's, 4615 W. Layton Ave., following a traffic incident at 10:15 a.m. Jan. 25. The man had called police to report he had blocked in a driver after she almost struck him while she was talking on her cellphone. But the woman in the car also called police to report the man was standing outside her car door and screaming at her.
· A man who was arrested for shoplifting two bags of merchandise at Dollar Tree, 5002 S. 74th St., at 4:45 p.m. Jan. 25 was also taken into custody for obstructing an officer and for having outstanding warrants through the Wauwatosa and Glendale police departments and the Wisconsin Department of Corrections. While in custody, the suspect attempted to hang himself in his cell and was taken to St. Luke's Hospital by the Greenfield Fire Department. After he was evaluated and released he was transported back to the Greenfield Police Department, where he was booked and then transported to county jail.
· Greenfield police responded to two domestic violence calls and assisted with seven rescue calls between Jan. 20 and Jan. 26.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: June 11, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: June 4, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: May 7, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 30, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 19, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 12, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 5, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 19, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 4, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 13, 2014 issue