· A home in the 4900 block of South 30th Street was found burglarized at 5:45 p.m. Dec. 23. The doors to the residence were wide open and items were thrown all over the place. A neighbor discovered the situation, and police confirmed with the resident of the home that a burglary had taken place. Investigation continues.
· A portable heater and other items were reported stolen from a business under construction in the 4200 block of South 108th Street about 8 a.m. Dec. 26.
· A jewelry box, television and laptop computer were stolen from a home in the 10400 block of West Beloit Road at 11:25 a.m. Dec. 26. The lock on the front door was damaged to gain entry.
· A vehicle was stolen while it was parked in the lot at South Pointe Health Care Center, 4500 W. Loomis Road, between 5 a.m. and 6 p.m. Dec. 15.
· A decorative reindeer made out of grapevines was reported stolen out of a yard in the 12200 block of West Black Oak Drive about 9:05 a.m. Dec. 23.
· A male was arrested for shoplifting at Starbucks, 4741 S. 76th St., about 12:30 p.m. Dec. 23.
· A male was arrested for shoplifting after he was seen concealing Xbox controllers at Best Buy, 4610 S. 76th St., at 2:45 p.m. Dec. 23.
· A street sign at 96th Street and Barnard Avenue was stolen Dec. 24.
· A resident in an apartment building in the 4800 block of South Katelyn Circle called police at 3:40 p.m. Dec. 24 to report that packages delivered to her were being stolen. An officer made contact with a tenant in a nearby unit and that person admitted taking the caller's packages from the hallway. The items were returned to the caller and the offender was arrested and cited for theft.
· Eighty-nine batteries were stolen at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., about 1 p.m. Dec. 25.
· A resident of the 4600 block of South 46th Street called police to report $80 was stolen from her daughter's wallet at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 25. The wallet was in an upstairs bedroom when the money was allegedly taken. Police are following up.
· A television, remote control and blanket were reported stolen from a room at the Hideaway Inn, 5105 S. 27th St., at 11 a.m. Dec. 28.
· Personal items were stolen from a locked 2001 Kia in the 9000 block of West Forest Home Avenue between 1 and 2 p.m. Dec. 28. A window was smashed to gain entry.
· A CD-player/stereo was stolen out of a locked 2005 GMC Jeep in the 7900 block of West Layton Avenue between 1:45 and 2 p.m. Dec. 28. The rear window was smashed to gain entry.
· A purse was stolen out of a vehicle parked at Kopp's, 7631 W. Layton Ave., at 2:40 p.m. Dec. 28.
· A driver was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia during a traffic stop at 27th Street and Ramsey Avenue at 8:45 p.m. Dec. 18.
· A male was arrested for possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and carrying a concealed weapon (a knife) during a traffic stop in the 8900 block of West Howard Avenue at 2:10 a.m. Dec. 21.
· Officers responding to a report that a young female driver in a Chrysler SUV struck a light pole in the 3700 block of South 108th Street arrested the woman for drunken driving and driving too fast for conditions about 11:45 p.m. Dec. 21. Her blood-alcohol content was unavailable at the time of the report.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving, second offense, after he drove his vehicle into a ditch in the 8200 block of West Forest Home Avenue about 3:10 a.m. Dec. 23. His BAC was unavailable.
· A male was arrested for hit and run (causing injury) after he struck an occupied vehicle with his gray Ford Explorer at 60th Street and Allerton Avenue, and then fled westbound on Bottsford Avenue about 3:15 p.m. Dec. 16. The Greenfield Fire Department was called to the scene to treat the victim for a head wound. Police took the male into custody at his home and he was brought back to the station, booked and cited.
· A vehicle's window was smashed out outside La-Z-Boy Furniture Gallery, 7900 S. Layton Ave., between 11:50 a.m. and 12:20 p.m. Dec. 21. Nothing was reported stolen from the vehicle.
· The back window of a 2008 Saturn Vue was smashed out while it was parked at Ken Michaels Furniture, 4140 S. 108th St., between 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Dec. 21. Nothing was reported stolen from the vehicle.
· A male was arrested for criminal damage to property after he threw a bottle at another man's vehicle and damaged it during an argument in the 4200 block of West Coldspring Road at 2:35 a.m. Dec. 22.
· A vehicle's window was smashed out outside Ray's Butcher Shoppe, 4640 W. Loomis Road, between 3:45 and 4 p.m. Dec. 27.
· A counterfeit $20 bill was reported at Budget Cinemas, 4475 S. 108th St., at 12:10 p.m. Dec. 16.
· Two students were arrested for disorderly conduct after a physical altercation at Greenfield High School, 4800 S. 60th St., at 1:30 p.m. Dec. 17.
· A male was cited for unlawful use of 911 after he called to tell police he was frustrated because his landlord keeps the heat turned down too low in his apartment in the 4000 block of South 65th Street at 8:25 p.m. Dec. 19.
· A 16-year-old girl was arrested for disorderly conduct for pulling her mother's hair and biting her during an argument in the 6200 block of South 31st Street at 10:30 p.m. Dec. 19.
· A resident of the 12000 block of West Carpenter Avenue called police to report her neighbor was blowing his snow onto her property at 6:55 p.m. Dec. 22. A few minutes later the neighbor called 911 to report the original female caller was now outside and swearing up a storm at him for his snow-blowing techniques. Officers responded to the scene and discovered the female caller was concerned about a pile of snow that was left in the corner of her yard by the street. Police advised both parties to leave each other alone.
· A man was cited for reckless driving after he drove over the sidewalk and through a snowbank to exit Applebee's, 5100 S. 76th St., instead of using the actual driveway at 12:20 a.m. Dec. 23.
· Greenfield police called the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department Explosive Ordnance Disposal Unit to respond to an apartment unit in the 10100 block of West Coldspring Road after police found some bottles filled with an unknown liquid with a fuse attached to them in a vacant apartment at 10:15 a.m. Dec. 23. It was determined the bottles contained water and detergent, and it was found the previous tenant had used them as weights. A resident had reported the ex-tenant, who had been evicted Dec. 12, was inside the apartment, but that claim was never confirmed.
· An elderly woman was cited for disorderly conduct for attacking an employee at Pick 'n Save, 4279 S. 76th St., at 10:40 a.m. Dec. 23.
· Three people were arrested for disorderly conduct after an employee reported numerous people fighting inside of Grainger's Pub & Grill, 3400 W. Loomis Road, at 1:45 a.m. Dec. 25. One of the people was arrested for possession of a Schedule II narcotic and taken to the county jail.
· Greenfield police responded to six domestic violence calls and assisted with seven rescue calls and one fire call between Dec. 23 and Dec. 29.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: April 15
- Police Report: April 8
- Police Report: April 1
- Police Report: March 25
- Police Report: March 18
- Police Report: March 11
- Police Report: March 4
- Police Report: Feb. 25
- Police Report: Feb. 17
- Police Report: Feb. 11
- Police Report: Feb. 4
- Police Report: Jan. 27
- Police Report: Jan. 20
- Police Report: Jan. 14
- Police Report: Jan. 7
- Police Report: Dec. 23
- Police Report: Dec. 17
- Police Report: Dec. 10
- Police Report: Dec. 3
- Police Report: Nov. 26