A man claiming to be a We Energies employee went into a Greenfield grocery store and demanded cash, stating the business was past due.
According to the Greenfield police report:
The owner of Holyland Grocery, 2755 W. Ramsey Ave., reported an attempted theft at 4:20 p.m. Nov. 27. The caller told police an unknown person, described as a white male in his 30s and wearing a white, lab-type coat, came into the store claiming to be from We Energies. The caller said the man demanded cash by stating the business account was past due at about 3:55 p.m. Nov. 27.
When the man was told there was no cash in the business, he said he would return in an hour. The owner contacted We Energies, who confirmed that his business was up to date in payments.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 'Mount Stallis' rises in West Allis
- Police warn man after he enters woman's vehicle, tries to kiss her
- Whitnall approves coaching program
- Whitnall's production of 'Grease' nominated for 24 Tommy Awards
- Greenfield elederly home project advances to Common Council
- Police Report: April 15
- WKCE exam yields different results