· An unknown male got away with an undisclosed amount of cash during a robbery at BP Gas, 12345 W. Layton Ave., at 9:42 p.m. Nov. 26. The suspect, described as a 5-foot, 10-inch-tall white male in his 40s with brown hair and a thick goatee and wearing a gray sweatshirt with the hood up, implied he had a weapon under his sweatshirt. The suspect was last seen running eastbound on Layton Avenue.
· A resident in the 3600 block of South Rivershire Drive reported a 32-inch, flat-screen TV was stolen from their garage at 2:35 p.m. Nov. 27.
· A wallet containing several credit cards was stolen from an unlocked apartment in the 3600 block of South Rivershire Drive while the resident was sleeping between 1:30 and 3 a.m. Nov. 30. The burglar used the credit cards to make several fraudulent purchases on the north side of Milwaukee, and police were following up with the businesses at the time of the report.
· A male was arrested after he broke a glass door and entered a home in the 3100 block of West Coldspring Road, and then took off running eastbound on Coldspring Road after being confronted by the resident at about 7 a.m. Dec. 1. The suspect was found on 27th Street and Bottsford Avenue, where he was taken into custody.
· A manager reported that four people left without paying their bill at Applebee's, 5100 S. 76th St., and then fled northbound on South 76th Street in a burgundy Chevrolet Suburban with Minnesota plates at 1:30 p.m. Nov. 25.
· A trailer was stolen out of a driveway in the 9300 block of West Carpenter Avenue between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Nov. 25.
· A female was arrested for shoplifting $30 worth of items at Pick 'n Save, 4279 S. 76th St., at 6:40 p.m. Nov. 25.
· A resident in the 3600 block of West Barnard Street reported that prescription medication and an activity tracker, valued at $149, was stolen from his home at 10:35 a.m. Nov. 26. Police were following up with possible suspects at the time of the report.
· A trailer was stolen from a driveway in the 4400 block of South 83rd Street between Nov. 25 and Nov. 27.
· A resident in the 4100 block of South 101st Street reported a utility trailer was stolen from his yard between the late evening hours of Nov. 26 and 11:40 a.m. Nov. 27.
· The owner of Holyland Grocery, 2755 W. Ramsey Ave., reported an attempted theft at 4:20 p.m. Nov. 27. The caller told police an unknown subject, described as a white male in his 30s and wearing a white, lab-type coat, came into the store claiming to be from We Energies and demanded cash by stating the business account was past due at about 3:55 p.m. Nov. 27. When the suspect was told there was no cash in the business he stated he would return in an hour. The owner contacted We Energies, who confirmed that his business was up-to-date in payments.
· A utility trailer was stolen from a yard in the 4600 block of South 47th Street between the morning of Nov. 26 and noon Nov. 27.
· Four wheels/tires were stolen off a Honda Fit that was parked inside a locked area at Schlossmann Honda City, 3450 S. 108th St., between the late evening hours of Nov. 28 and the early morning hours of Nov. 29. A hole was cut in a fence to gain entry to the lot.
· A man was arrested for defrauding an innkeeper at Red Lobster, 4645 S. 76th St., after he attempted to use several gift cards that had a zero balance to pay for his meal, and then caused a disturbance and refused to pay at 11:30 a.m. Nov. 29.
· A woman reported her wallet was stolen at Red Lobster, 4645 S. 76th St., at 4:05 p.m. Nov. 29.
· A woman was arrested for shoplifting after she and an unknown man attempted to push a cart filled with unpaid merchandise out of Kmart, 4601 S. 27th St., at about 6:10 p.m. Nov. 29.
· A female reported her cellphone and other personal items were stolen while she was at Lightspeed Entertainment, 4251 S. 27th St., at 4:35 p.m. Nov. 30.
· A license plate was stolen off a vehicle parked in the 4400 block of West Tesch Avenue between Nov. 22 and Nov. 30.
· An unknown subject(s) shoplifted a laptop computer and a cellphone at Best Buy, 4610 S. 76th St., at about 8:45 p.m. Nov. 30.
· A passport was stolen from a vehicle parked in the 5000 block of South Greenbrook Terrace between 11 p.m. Nov. 30 and 9:30 a.m. Dec. 1.
· Two males were arrested for battery and trespassing after they entered a residence in the 3200 block of West Allerton Avenue without permission and physically assaulted another male at 5:15 a.m. Nov. 28. The suspects were found at their respective residences and taken into custody.
· A person was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia during a traffic stop in the 7100 block of West Forest Home Avenue at 4:50 p.m. Nov. 26.
· A male was arrested for drunken driving after he was pulled over for a traffic violation in the 9100 block of West Layton Avenue at 2:20 a.m. Dec. 1. His preliminary blood alcohol content was unavailable.
· A person was arrested for criminal damage to property in the 3600 block of South 47th Street after pounding on a door so hard that the glass window in the door broke at 7:40 p.m. Nov. 26.
· A resident reported an unknown subject(s) broke the front glass doors on a home for sale in the 4300 block of South 71st Street at 11:45 a.m. Nov. 30.
· An unknown subject(s) cut a section of wire from a wire harness on two campers parked behind a garage in the 4300 block of South 71st Street, and also took a 6-foot by 10-foot section of an aluminum awning frame between Nov. 22 and Nov. 30.
· An employee at Paul's Gas, 4306 W. Layton Ave., reported someone passed a counterfeit $10 bill at 6:45 a.m. Nov. 25.
· An officer responding to a report of family trouble on 76th Street and Edgerton Avenue arrested a male for hindering a police investigation after he kept walking away from the officer and refused to answer questions at about 10:15 a.m. Nov. 29. The male was found at South 80th Street and Edgerton where he was taken into custody.
· A resident in the 4400 block of West Morgan Avenue called police to report her neighbor was yelling obscenities at her young children at about 4 p.m. Nov. 29. Police advised both parties about their behavior and no citations were issued.
· A man reported he was outside in his parent's yard in the 5400 block of South 48th Street when an arrow flew by him at about 12:50 p.m. Dec. 1. The arrow, a carbon fiber "Whitetail 3050" child's target arrow with a metal tip, hit the side of the brick chimney while the caller was standing outside. No one was seen in the area at the time of the incident.
· Greenfield police assisted with six rescue calls between Nov. 25 and Dec. 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 6, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 23, 2014
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 9, 2014
- Greenfield police report: September 4, 2014
- Greenfield police report: August 21, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report 0804 to 0810
- Greenfield police report 0630 to 0706
- Greenfield police report June 23 to June 29
- Greenfield police report June 16-22
- GREENFIELD 0609 to 0615
- Greenfield Police report June 10
- Greenfield Police Report: June 6
- GREENFIELD 0512 to 0518
- Greenfield police report: May 15
- Greenfield Police Report: May 8
- Police report: April 22
- Police Report: April 15