A preliminary hearing will be held by the Greenfield Police and Fire Commission on whether to fire a police officer who is accused of flinging a woman in custody into a holding cell and calling her a vulgar name.
The preliminary hearing before the Police and Fire Commission will be held at 8:30 a.m. Nov. 2 in the municipal court, 5300 W. Layton Ave.
Officer Thomas Roszak has been charged by the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office with misconduct in the July 27 incident at the Greenfield Police Station. According to the complaint, Roszak was helping book a woman for drunken driving and fleeing an officer when the woman refused to return to the holding cell. According to the complaint, she put her hands on his chest and told Roszak that she hated him.
He is alleged to have lifted her up and carried her vertically to the cell and to have tossed her in. The complaint says she fell to the floor, hitting a stool affixed to the floor on her way down. The complaint says she suffered bruises, but that the officer called her a vulgar name and closed the cell door without checking for injuries.
Police Chief Bradley Wentlandt is seeking to dismiss Roszak.
An arraignment hearing in the criminal case is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Thursday at the Milwaukee County Courthouse.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield mayor vetoes overflow lot for mosque
- Ask Now: Why is toilet paper used in the repair of city streets?
- City considers parking bans
- Whitnall will survey residents to help in some costly school project choices
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Greenfield children have new spot to play
- Whitnall School District continues to 'exceed expectations'
- Police called when man urinates himself while sleeping in movie theater
- Al-Huda mosque's parking lot in Greenfield under scrutiny; neighbors do not want it to expand
- Al-Huda mosque’s gravel parking lot in Greenfield can remain in use for now: Al-Huda mosque's gravel parking lot can remain in use for now