Incarcerated man charged with dissuading victim's complaint
Complaint: Man, 28, told ex-girlfriend to lie about domestic incident
A 28-year-old man currently being held in Waukesha County Jail was charged on Tuesday with allegedly trying to convince his ex-girlfriend to lie to prosecutors about a domestic dispute.
The man, who will not be named to protect the victim's identity, was charged on Oct. 8 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with intimidating a victim.
According to the criminal complaint:
The man's ex-girlfriend contacted City of Waukesha Police on Aug. 8 to report threatening phone calls she had received from the incarcerated man.
He was being held on a $5,000 cash bail for charges stemming from an incident that occurred on July 16. According to that criminal complaint, the man allegedly grabbed his girlfriend roughly during an argument and slammed her head against a mattress. He was subsequently charged with misdemeanor battery, two counts of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
The ex-girlfriend said that he had called her from jail and allegedly asked her to lie to prosecutors about what had happened during the July 16 incident, saying he could get the charges against him dropped.
He called back later that day using a different name and said she should tell his defense attorney that she lied about what had happened.
She told him no and he became upset, saying it did not matter if she went to jail because she has nothing on her record.
She said she hung up the phone and ignored several more phone calls from him, the complaint states.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield council approves 2015 budget after no one speaks at hearing
- Video: Verlo stack of 18 mattresses declared a world record by Guinness
- Verlo customers can use beacon iPad to find products
- Low registrations cause drug, alcohol program postponement at Whitnall
- Charity maintains 'legend' of former Whitnall student
- Greenfield crosses big Loomis threshold with chosen developer
- Greenfield tries enhancing safety in 2015 city budget
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police notes: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Greenfield ups emergency preparedness