Incarcerated man charged with dissuading victim's complaint
Complaint: Man, 28, told ex-girlfriend to lie about domestic incident
A 28-year-old man currently being held in Waukesha County Jail was charged on Tuesday with allegedly trying to convince his ex-girlfriend to lie to prosecutors about a domestic dispute.
The man, who will not be named to protect the victim's identity, was charged on Oct. 8 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with intimidating a victim.
According to the criminal complaint:
The man's ex-girlfriend contacted City of Waukesha Police on Aug. 8 to report threatening phone calls she had received from the incarcerated man.
He was being held on a $5,000 cash bail for charges stemming from an incident that occurred on July 16. According to that criminal complaint, the man allegedly grabbed his girlfriend roughly during an argument and slammed her head against a mattress. He was subsequently charged with misdemeanor battery, two counts of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
The ex-girlfriend said that he had called her from jail and allegedly asked her to lie to prosecutors about what had happened during the July 16 incident, saying he could get the charges against him dropped.
He called back later that day using a different name and said she should tell his defense attorney that she lied about what had happened.
She told him no and he became upset, saying it did not matter if she went to jail because she has nothing on her record.
She said she hung up the phone and ignored several more phone calls from him, the complaint states.
- Greenfield to open amphitheater with proud marches, dancing, bands
- Greenfield Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- Man, 21, charged in fatal accident on 76th Street in Greenfield
- Video: Greenfield going full speed to become its own internet provider (1)
- Road construction to loom large in Greenfield's Fourth of July bash
- Early morning fire destroys garage in Greenfield, spreads to house
- A new Layton Avenue Baptist Church is rising in Greenfield through skill and faith
- Greenfield Police reports: June 16, 2016
- Fire damages garage of Greenfield home
- Charcoal grill tips over, causes fire at Greenfield home (1)