· A tablet computer was taken out of a vehicle in a garage in the 5500 block of South 30th Street prior to 2 p.m. Sept. 25.
· A 1991 Honda Accord was taken in the 4000 block of South 41st Street between Sept. 21 and 4:20 p.m. Sept. 27.
· An empty black sunglasses case, valued at $40, and $20 were taken from a vehicle in the 4500 block of West Morgan Avenue between 9 p.m. Sept. 22 and 5:30 a.m. Sept. 23.
· Tires were taken off a vehicle at Boyland Honda, 6141 S. 27th St., prior to 8 a.m. Sept. 23.
· A juvenile was arrested and cited for theft of a calculator at Greenfield High School, 4800 S. 60th St., at 1:45 p.m. Sept. 23.
· An unspecified number of cellphones were taken at Greenfield High School, 4800 S. 60th St., during the homecoming dance on Sept. 21. Another was taken during the homecoming football game.
· Two rings were taken from a counter at Regency Beauty Institute, 7995 W. Layton Ave., between 1:30 and 2:30 p.m. Sept. 23.
· An unidentified male took a smartphone from a man who was walking in the 7700 block of West Layton Avenue at about 3:30 p.m. Sept. 23. The suspect — described as black, in his late teens with a thin build and wearing shorts and a red, orange and brown sweater — was last seen running northbound on South 76th Street. Police were unable to locate the suspect.
· A stereo was taken from a truck parked at ITT Technical Institute, 6300 W. Layton Ave., prior to 6:40 p.m. Sept. 23.
· Engraving ID tags and an undisclosed amount of money were taken from a locked coin box at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., between Sept. 4 and Sept. 24.
· Prescription eyeglasses were taken from Kindred Transitional Care, 5700 W. Layton Ave., prior to 9:55 a.m. Sept. 25.
· A woman was arrested for shoplifting after she attempted to conceal items at Pick 'n Save, 4279 S. 76th St., at 6:40 p.m. Sept. 27.
· An aluminum load bar was taken off a trailer in a yard in the 10500 block of West Spring Green Road prior to 8:10 p.m. Sept. 27.
· A woman was arrested for shoplifting after she concealed an undisclosed amount of merchandise at Walgreens, 4296 S. 76th St., and fled at about 9 p.m. Sept. 28. Police located the suspect's vehicle and took the woman into custody.
· An unidentified man took an employee's cellphone at Kmart, 4601 S. 27th St., at 2:45 p.m. Sept. 29. The suspect — described as black, 6 feet tall, thin, with an accent, wearing a black-and-white shirt, black jeans and leather shoes that "clicked" when he walked — fled in an older, dark blue Blazer type vehicle and was last seen heading southbound on South 27th Street. Police could not locate the suspect.
· A car owner manual was taken from a vehicle in the 3900 block of South 84th Street between late evening Sept. 28 and the morning of Sept. 29.
· A lawn ornament, described as a white-and-yellow ceramic goose dressed like an Indian, was taken from a front yard in the 3300 block of South Strothmann Drive between 7 p.m. Sept. 28 and 1 p.m. Sept. 29.
· A laptop computer was taken in the 10100 block of West Cold Spring Road prior to 11:05 p.m. Sept. 29.
· A man was arrested for physical abuse to a child after he allegedly pushed his stepdaughter up against a wall and began choking her during an argument at 5:45 p.m. Sept. 26.
· A person was arrested for possession of marijuana in the 7100 block of West Forest Home Avenue at 7:10 p.m. Sept. 23.
· A person was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia during a traffic stop on South 68th Street and West Cold Spring Road at about 11 p.m. Sept. 29.
· A person was arrested for drunken driving in the 6100 block of West Allerton Avenue at 10:45 a.m. Sept. 23. The suspect's preliminary blood alcohol content was 0.124.
· A woman was arrested for drunken driving (second offense) and possession of marijuana on Morgan Avenue and 43rd Street at 3:35 a.m. Sept. 29. She was transported to the hospital for a blood draw, the results of which were unavailable.
· A moving car was damaged when an unidentified object was thrown at it on 76th Street and Layton Avenue at 3:45 p.m. Sept. 23.
· Three washer and dryer units were damaged in the 3300 block of West Loomis Road when an unidentified person turned them upside-down and attempted to pry open the coin lock boxes prior to 5:40 p.m. Sept. 25.
· A caller reported her vehicle was scratched at Clement Manor, 3939 S. 92nd St., pror to 5:05 p.m. Sept. 26.
· Graffiti was spray painted on the business at 5110 W. Loomis Road, prior to 10:35 a.m. Sept. 29.
· Two unidentified males were seen looking into a home in the 4400 block of West Morgan Avenue at 4:55 p.m. Sept. 23. Both fled toward Coopers Hawk Park after they were spotted. The first was described as white, 6 feet tall, and wearing a black glove on his right hand, a long-sleeved black shirt and jeans. The other was described as thin, wearing a light-colored hoodie, jeans, a light-colored backpack with black trim and dark shoes.
· A heavy-set man tried to enter a home in the 11900 block of West Cold Spring Road at 12:22 a.m. Sept. 24. The man attempted to open a locked screen door while the resident was inside. Police were unable to locate him.
· A caller reported an intoxicated male subject with his pants falling down was stumbling around on South 65th Street and West Forest Home Avenue, at 4:55 p.m. Sept. 24. The subject, described as a male with long brown hair and wearing jeans, was not located by police.
· A 12-year-old girl was arrested for disorderly conduct after she threatened to punch an assistant principal in the face, threw books and yelled profanities in the hallway at Greenfield Middle School, 3200 W. Barnard Ave., at 11 a.m. Sept. 25. She was taken into custody and turned over to her mother at the Greenfield police station.
· A 12-year-old boy was cited for disorderly conduct after he created a disturbance on a school bus in the 3600 block of West Layton Avenue at about 3 p.m. Sept. 26.
· An anonymous caller reported a Canadian goose was in distress and had its wing and beak tied up in fishing line in the parking lot in the 4200 block of South 76th Street at 5:10 p.m. Sept. 26. Dispatch contacted the Humane Society, which sent out a volunteer to assist the goose.
· A resident called police after her 8-year-old son and his friend were followed by an unidentified man driving a van while they were walking in the area of South 61st Street and Cold Spring Road at about 8:30 p.m. Sept. 27. The suspect was described as an older, dark-skinned man with longer hair worn in a bun and driving a white, full-size van with windows on one side and a red and black peace symbol on the back. When the boys started running, the driver fled the area.
· A man was arrested for obstructing police (giving a false name) after he was seen purposely walking slowly in front of a moving van and making obscene gestures towards the driver in the parking lot at Burger King, 4651 S. 27th St., at about 11 a.m. Sept. 28. The suspect was also taken into custody for having an open warrant through the Greenfield Police Department for operating after suspension.
· A man was arrested for disorderly conduct after he was seen asking for money and yelling at traffic on 60th Street and Layton Avenue at 12:20 p.m. Sept. 29.
· Greenfield police responded to three domestic violence calls and assisted with eight rescue calls and two fire calls between Sept. 23 and Sept. 29.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: August 21, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report 0804 to 0810
- Greenfield police report 0630 to 0706
- Greenfield police report June 23 to June 29
- Greenfield police report June 16-22
- GREENFIELD 0609 to 0615
- Greenfield Police report June 10
- Greenfield Police Report: June 6
- GREENFIELD 0512 to 0518
- Greenfield police report: May 15
- Greenfield Police Report: May 8
- Police report: April 22
- Police Report: April 15
- Police Report: April 8
- Police Report: April 1
- Police Report: March 25
- Police Report: March 18
- Police Report: March 11
- Police Report: March 4
- Police Report: Feb. 25