· Multiple strands of temporary lights were taken from a locked shipping container behind Dnesco Electric, 11019 W. Layton Ave., between 6 p.m. Sept. 18 and 8 a.m. Sept. 19. A padlock was cut.
· A wrought iron table was taken from a yard in the 3900 block of South 85th Street Sept. 12.
· A 2007 white Ford Econoline van and a 2004 maroon Ford Econoline van containing numerous tools were taken in the 6900 block of West Squire Avenue prior to 3:20 a.m. Sept. 16. Both vans had "JSP Roofing" written on the sides.
· Credit cards were taken from a car in the 4800 block of South 68th Street between late evening Sept. 15 and 7:20 a.m. Sept. 16. The victim stated that one of the credit cards had been used to make several fraudulent charges.
· A girl accompanied by a woman shoplifted an undisclosed amount of merchandise at Plato's Closet, 7820 W. Layton Ave., and fled in a red and blue vehicle at 2:15 p.m. Sept. 16.
· Windshield wipers and about $40 in quarters were taken from a truck in the 4800 block of South 69th Street between 11:30 p.m. Sept. 15 and 7:20 a.m. Sept. 16.
· A purse was taken from a home in the 3100 block of West Layton Avenue prior to 5:25 p.m. Sept. 16. The resident named a possible suspect.
· A paint spray pump was taken in the 9000 block of West Forest Home Avenue prior to 2:35 p.m. Sept. 17.
· A wallet and cellphone were taken from the front counter at Speedway, 6000 W. Layton Ave., at about 2:55 a.m. Sept. 18.
· Four unidentified women shoplifted at least two pairs of shoes at Rogan's Shoes, 4350 S. 76th St., at about 4:45 p.m. Sept. 18. The suspects fled the lot in a gold Pontiac Sunfire.
· Two females were arrested for shoplifting after they were seen concealing merchandise in their purses at Pick 'n Save, 4279 S. 76th St., at 9:45 p.m. Sept. 18.
· A woman was arrested for shoplifting an undisclosed amount of merchandise at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., at 10:25 p.m. Sept. 18.
· The rear license plate was taken off a vehicle in the 6200 block of West Marcy Lane prior to 10:55 a.m. Sept. 19.
· A cellphone charger and loose change were taken from an unlocked vehicle in the 4000 block of South 65th Street prior to 1:45 p.m. Sept. 19.
· A smartphone was taken from Glenwood Elementary School, 3550 S. 51st St., prior to 9:10 p.m. Sept. 19.
· A portable stop sign was taken from 51st Street and Layton Avenue prior to 8:25 a.m. Sept. 20.
· Two rings were taken from a residence in the 8100 block of West Forest Garden Court prior to 9:20 a.m. Sept. 20.
· A man was arrested for shoplifting at Best Buy, 4610 S. 76th St., after he was seen concealing items at about 12:25 p.m. Sept. 20.
· A handheld electronic device was taken from a locked vehicle in the 4900 block of South 76th Street between 3 and 3:30 p.m. Sept. 20. A door lock was punched out for entry.
· A man was arrested for shoplifting an undisclosed amount of groceries at Pick 'n Save, 4279 S. 76th St., at 6:35 p.m. Sept. 20. He was also cited for trespassing due to previous thefts.
· Restroom stall partitions were taken from behind Panera, 7840 W. Layton Ave., between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m. Sept. 20. An extra area patrol watch was requested until construction on the restaurant is done.
· Two unidentified females left without paying for two large bags filled with merchandise at Dollar Tree, 4880 S. 74th St., at 2:50 p.m. Sept. 21. Police have the license plate number of their vehicle and are following up.
· Four male subjects were arrested and cited for defrauding an innkeeper after they left without paying their bill at George Webb, 6231 S. 27th St., at 12:20 a.m. Sept. 22.
· A black Honda Civic was taken in the 3100 block of West Howard Avenue between 2:30 a.m. and 8 a.m. Sept. 22.
· An unidentified male subject shoplifted a cart full of groceries at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., at about 10:10 a.m. Sept. 22.
· A stove that was left outside a garage was taken in the 4900 block of South 43rd Street between 8:30 and 11:45 a.m. Sept. 22.
· A student's smartphone was taken while at the homecoming dance at Greenfield High School, 4800 S. 60th St., on Sept. 21.
· Three unidentified females shoplifted a hat and a hoodie at Sports Authority, 5070 S. 74th St., then fled at 3:45 p.m. Sept. 22.
· A woman was arrested for drunken driving on Loomis Road and Plainfield Avenue at 2:50 p.m. Sept. 17. A Greendale Police detective pulled the suspect over, and then notified Greenfield police.
· An officer checking on a disabled vehicle in the 3300 block of West Howard Avenue arrested the male driver for drunken driving (third offense) and operating after revocation at 11:30 p.m. Sept. 19.
· A male subject was arrested for drunken driving after he was found passed out in the driver's seat of his car in the 4400 block of West Tesch Avenue at 2:40 a.m. Sept. 20. He refused breath testing and was taken into custody.
· A car was scratched with a key along the entire length of the driver's side on South 43rd Street and West Layton Avenue on Sept. 16.
· A vestibule window was broken at Pet World, 5415 S. 27th St., prior to 5:30 a.m. Sept. 20. The building did not appear to have been entered and nothing was stolen. Damage is estimated at $200.
· Windows were broken on four vehicles parked in the lot at St. John the Evangelist Parish, 8500 W. Cold Spring Road, between 11:25 and 11:55 a.m. Sept. 21.
· Two males were arrested for disorderly conduct after they fought each other with pipes in the 6600 block of West Bottsford Avenue at 12:40 a.m. Sept. 16. One of the suspects was also taken into custody after it was discovered he had a valid warrant through the West Allis Police Department.
· A Milwaukee County Transit System employee called police for assistance in removing an intoxicated and incoherent man off the bus in the 4800 block of South 108th Street at about 6 p.m. Sept. 16. The responding officer turned the man over to the Greenfield Fire Department for medical evaluation.
· The fire department was called to remove a dangling raccoon from a trap at a vacant residence in the 10100 block of West Meadow Drive at 6:10 p.m. Sept. 16. A neighbor informed police that raccoons have been an ongoing problem at the residence.
· A caller reported a thin man with sandy colored hair, and wearing a turquoise/plaid shirt and hat, was walking eastbound in the 11400 block of West Morgan Avenue carrying an orange-tipped, assault weapon-like gun over his shoulder at about 7 p.m. Sept. 16. Police checked the area but could not locate the man.
· Two subjects were arrested for underage drinking after their vehicle struck a mailbox in the 9300 block of West Bottsford Avenue at about 11 p.m. Sept. 16.
· A motorist reported that a man drinking beer was driving crazy and cutting people off while traveling northbound in the 4700 block of South 60th Street at about 4:45 p.m. Sept. 17. Police checked the area but were unable to locate the subject.
· A bullet hole was found behind a coach in a residence in the 3200 block of West Mangold Avenue on Sept. 19. The resident had earlier found another bullet home in the living room on Sept. 8.
· Several juveniles were cited for underage drinking after they were ejected from the homecoming dance at Greenfield High School, 4800 S. 60th St., at about 9:30 p.m. Sept. 21.
· Greenfield police responded to three domestic violence calls and assisted with seven rescue calls and one fire call between Sept. 16 and Sept. 22.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Greenfield police report: July 16
- Greenfield police report: June 11, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: June 4, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: May 7, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 30, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 19, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 12, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 5, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 19, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 4, 2014 issue