· A purse was stolen out of a 2007 Mitsubishi parked in the 5000 block of South Greenbrook Terrace between midnight Sept. 1 and 1:25 p.m. Sept. 2.
· A student's smartphone was taken at Greenfield High School, 4800 S. 60th St., prior to 3:40 p.m. Sept. 2.
· A man suspected of attempting to shoplift a computer at Best Buy, 4610 S. 76th St., was arrested after he fled when police arrived at about 4 p.m. Sept. 3. Police caught up with him on 76th Street and Greenfield Avenue, where he was taken into custody and transported to jail after police discovered he had outstanding warrants through the sheriff's departments in Milwaukee and Ozaukee counties, the Greendale Police Department, Wisconsin Department of Corrections and the Greenfield Police Department
· Two suspects were arrested for shoplifting after they were seen concealing merchandise at Party City, 5058 S. 74th St., at 7:45 p.m. Sept. 4.
· A bright red Trek T1 bicycle was taken from a yard in the 4600 block of West Morgan Avenue between late evening Sept. 4 and 9 a.m. Sept. 5.
· A $10 bill was taken from a vehicle in the 6200 block of West Armour Avenue prior to 1:30 a.m. Sept. 7.
· A digital media player was taken from a vehicle in the 6800 block of West Holmes Avenue between late evening Sept. 6 and 6:30 a.m. Sept. 7.
· An undisclosed amount of change was taken from two unlocked vehicles in the 7000 block of West Holmes Avenue between 10 p.m. Sept. 6 and 8 a.m. Sept. 7.
· Change and other items were taken from a vehicle in the 4700 block of West Midland Drive between the evening of Sept. 6 and 2:45 p.m. Sept. 7.
· A woman was arrested for employee theft at Pick 'n Save, 4777 S. 27th St., at about 3 p.m. Sept. 7.
· Change was taken from one vehicle and another vehicle was damaged at a residence in the 6600 block of West Carpenter Avenue prior to 8:40 p.m. Sept. 7.
· An unidentified male took cash out of a register and fled at Play It Again Sports, 7499 W. Layton Ave., after the store was closed on Sept. 5.
· Three unidentified females shoplifted shoes at Sports Authority, 5070 S. 74th St., and then ran out the door of the business at 7:35 p.m. Sept. 8.
· A Milwaukee woman reported she was assaulted while she was at Joey's, 4500 W. Forest Home Ave., at about 3:10 a.m. Sept. 8. The victim told police she was struck in the face and then "jumped" by numerous males and females in the parking lot, and that during the incident a male subject allegedly pulled out a gun and pointed it at her. Police received a call from Milwaukee Police Department dispatch at about 2:29 a.m., who stated that a female was screaming and a male subject was stating that he had a gun and would use it.
· Officers investigating a report of an open door on a vacant property found fresh graffiti spray-painted inside the building in the 12100 block of West Beloit Road at 3:35 p.m. Sept. 7.
· A vehicle was entered while it was parked in the 4200 block of South 89th Street between evening Sept. 1 and 10:20 a.m. Sept. 2. Nothing was damaged or stolen from the vehicle and an extra patrol watch was requested.
· A man called police to report that he walked into his neighbor's apartment to check on him after he found his door open and his neighbor, wearing only underwear and headphones, physically attacked him at about 7:55 p.m. Sept. 2. Police determined that no assault had taken place. The caller was warned about entering another person's apartment without permission. The neighbor was told to keep his apartment door locked.
· An unidentified man urinated inside BP, 4715 S. 27th St., at about 4 p.m. Sept. 3. Police were unable to locate him.
· A man was cited for disorderly conduct after he was found intoxicated and passed out in the 5200 block of South 43rd Street at 7:45 p.m. Sept. 5.
· A man was arrested for resisting arrest after he became irate, yelled at an employee, kept grabbing the employee's phone and then failed to comply with police at Crazy Jim's, 5371 S. 27th St., the morning of Sept. 5.
· A vehicle was rummaged through in the 6200 block of West Van Norman Avenue between 1:05 and 1:10 a.m. Sept. 7. The resident stated she did not know if anything had been stolen at the time of the report.
· Two vehicles were entered in the 6300 and 6500 block of West Armour Avenue prior to 2 p.m. Sept. 7. The report did not state if anything was stolen.
· A vehicle was rummaged through in the 7200 block of West Squire Avenue prior to 5 a.m. Sept. 7.
· A vehicle was rummaged through in the 4900 block of South 72nd Street prior to 7 a.m. Sept. 7. The report did not state whether anything was stolen.
· A vehicle was rummaged through in the 6000 block of West Armour Avenue between late evening Sept. 6 and 7:15 a.m. Sept. 7. The log did not state if anything was stolen.
· Three vehicles were entered at a residence in the 4900 block of South 67th Street between late evening Sept. 6 and 8 a.m. Sept. 7. The log did not state if anything was stolen during the incident.
· A vehicle was entered in the 4500 block of South 61st Street prior to 8:30 a.m. Sept. 7, but nothing was stolen.
· A vehicle was entered in the 7800 block of West Allerton Avenue prior to 8:30 a.m. Sept. 7. The log did not state if anything was reported stolen.
· Three vehicles were rummaged through at a residence in the 7000 block of West Vogel Avenue between 8 p.m. Sept. 6 and 9:30 a.m. Sept. 7. The resident also stated his 1996 Dodge, which had a key in it, had been moved forward about 10 feet into some bushes.
· A vehicle was entered in the 6600 block of West Carpenter Avenue prior to 8:22 p.m. Sept. 7. The log did not state whether anything was stolen.
· Greenfield police responded to two domestic violence calls and assisted with six rescue calls and one fire call between Sept. 2 and Sept. 8.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police blotter: Jan. 28, 2016
- Greenfield police report: Jan. 21, 2016
- Greenfield police blotter: Jan. 7
- Greenfield police blotter: Dec. 31
- Greenfield Police blotter: Dec. 24
- Greenfield Police blotter: Oct. 22
- Greenfield Police Blotter: Oct. 15
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Greenfield police report: July 16
- Greenfield police report: June 11, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: June 4, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: May 7, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 30, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 19, 2015 issue