· An undisclosed amount of money, a telephone card and computer equipment were taken from Pacific Produce, 5455 S. 27th St., on Aug. 26. Entry was gained through a glass window or door, and the office was ransacked.
· An unidentified person entered a residence in the 12200 block of West Chapman Avenue through a bathroom window, got startled when the resident returned home, and then left through the same window between 9:40 and 10 a.m. Aug. 29. The resident stated the only thing taken was a half a pack of cigarettes.
· Jerseys were taken from Whitnall High School, 5000 S. 116th St., prior to 12:25 p.m. Aug. 26.
· A vehicle was rummaged through in the 3800 block of South 35th Street between late evening Aug. 26 and 7:45 a.m. Aug. 27.
· Some change, tools and other items were taken from a vehicle parked in the 3800 block of West Howard Avenue between late evening Aug. 26 and 8 a.m. Aug. 27. Also, a rear tire on the vehicle was flattened.
· A resident in the 4000 block of West Howard reported her vehicle was rummaged through between late evening Aug. 26 and early morning Aug. 27. The police log did not state if anything was stolen from the car.
· A vehicle was rummaged through in the 3400 block of West Lynndale Avenue between late evening Aug. 26 and early morning Aug. 27.
· A subwoofer was taken out of a vehicle in the 5400 block of South Tuckaway Circle between 3 p.m. Aug. 26 and 6 a.m. Aug. 27.
· Two females were arrested for shoplifting after they were seen concealing items at Kmart, 4601 S. 27th St., at 5:20 p.m. Aug. 27.
· A Greenfield High School football sign was taken from a yard in the 4000 block of West Wanda Avenue between Aug. 25 and Aug. 28.
· A shoplifter fled Dollar Tree, 6261 S. 27th St., at 4:45 p.m. Aug. 29. The suspect is described as a black male, 5 feet 10 inches tall, wearing a bright green shirt, black shorts and carrying two black backpacks.
· Police received two reports that a man in his 50s wearing a white T-shirt and carrying a backpack was going through saddlebags on motorcycles at the House of Harley 110th Celebration in the 6500 block of West Layton Avenue at about 5:20 p.m. Aug. 29. Police located the subject and warned him not to come back to the area.
· An unidentified woman shoplifted children's clothing at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., and then fled the lot in a silver Dodge Caravan with disabled license plates at 5:25 p.m. Aug. 29. The vehicle was last seen driving towards Highway 100.
· A tablet computer that was reported stolen from the House of Harley, 6221 W. Layton Ave., was recovered at a residence in New Berlin at 6:30 p.m. Aug. 29. Police are following up with the suspect.
· Two vehicles were entered and rummaged through in the 2800 block of West Bottsford Avenue prior to 5:05 a.m. Aug. 30. It was unknown if anything was stolen at the time of the report.
· A pack of cigarettes and some loose change were taken from two vehicles in the 2800 block of West Bottsford Avenue between late evening Aug. 29 and 5 a.m. Aug. 30.
· Change was taken from one vehicle and another vehicle was entered and rummaged through in the 2900 block of West Bottsford Avenue between the evening of Aug. 29 and the morning of Aug. 30.
· A woman was arrested for shoplifting after she was seen concealing items in her purse at Kmart, 4601 S. 27th St., at 5:05 p.m. Aug. 30.
· Copper gutters were taken off a home in the 3300 block of South 44th Street prior to 12:10 a.m. Aug. 31. The incident occurred about two weeks earlier, and she had information about a possible suspect. Police are following up.
· A purse was taken in the parking lot at Greenfield High School, 4800 S. 60th St., on Aug. 30. The victim later called back to state the purse was recovered but money was missing from it.
· A man reported his cellphone was taken at the House of Harley 110th Celebration, 6221 W. Layton Ave., prior to 10:10 a.m. Aug. 31.
· A man's wallet and a GPS unit were taken from an unlocked vehicle in the 3500 block of South Rivershire Drive between 7 p.m. Aug. 31 and 10 a.m. Sept. 1.
· A male subject reported he was jumped and physically assaulted by a group of unidentified males in the 8600 block of West Cold Spring Road at 1:30 a.m. Aug. 29. Police are investigating.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving in the 4500 block of South 84th Street at 2:30 a.m. Aug. 29. The suspect, who refused sobriety testing, was taken into custody.
· A subject was transported to the hospital with unknown injuries after his/her vehicle struck a light pole on South 35th Street and West Loomis Road at 6:25 a.m. Aug. 31. The accident caused power outages and We Energies was contacted for repairs.
· The passenger side of a vehicle was scratched while it was parked in the 10200 block of West Cold Spring Road prior to 3:25 p.m. Aug. 26.
· some plants were uprooted and a real estate sign was knocked over in a yard in the 3600 block of South 51st Street prior to 2:10 p.m. Aug. 27. A special patrol watch was requested in the area.
· The trunk of a car was scratched in the 10100 block of West Cold Spring Road prior to 12:10 a.m. Aug. 28. Police are following up with a possible suspect.
· A vulgar phrase was spray-painted on a fence behind a residence in the 3600 block of South 34th Street prior to 4:10 p.m. Aug. 29.
· An unidentified female throwing rocks broke a window in the 3000 block of West American Drive at 11:20 p.m. Aug. 29.
· A male subject was arrested for hindering an officer when he fled from police during a traffic stop in the 6100 block of West Cold Spring Road at about 5:20 p.m. Aug. 26. A police dog tracked and located the suspect, who was found to have a valid warrant through the Greenfield Police Department for possession of narcotics/marijuana. He was taken into custody.
· A woman was arrested for prowling and obstructing police in the 4700 block of West Forest Home Avenue at 2:45 a.m. Aug. 28.
· Police arrested a man for trespassing at about 10 p.m. Aug. 29. They had received a report of an agitated male in his early 20s holding a metal flamingo and walking through yards at several residences in the 4900 block of South 30th Street. When asked why he was in the area, the man claimed that bikers were coming to get him.
· A manager at McDonald's, 4275 S. 27th St., called police after he asked a man to leave the business and he refused at 8:20 a.m. Aug. 30. The responding officers located the man in the restroom, where he admitted to police that he was an alcoholic and was drinking vanilla in the restroom. The man was advised not to return to the business and he was released.
· Officers responding to a report of a man who displayed a knife on South 60th Street and West Layton Avenue arrested the subject for carrying a a concealed weapon at 7:55 p.m. Aug. 31.
· Greenfield police responded to one domestic violence call and assisted with nine rescue calls and one fire call between Aug. 25 and Sept. 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police blotter: Jan. 28, 2016
- Greenfield police report: Jan. 21, 2016
- Greenfield police blotter: Jan. 7
- Greenfield police blotter: Dec. 31
- Greenfield Police blotter: Dec. 24
- Greenfield Police blotter: Oct. 22
- Greenfield Police Blotter: Oct. 15
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Greenfield police report: July 16
- Greenfield police report: June 11, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: June 4, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: May 7, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 30, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 19, 2015 issue