· A safe was broken into at Braeger Ford, 4201 S. 27th St., at 10:20 a.m. Aug. 5. Two day's worth of deposits from the safe are missing. A window was broken for access to the business.
· An unspecified amount of cash was taken from a locked residence in the 4200 block of West Mangold Avenue between the evening of Aug. 2 and 7 p.m. Aug. 5. A window was forced open for entry.
· An apartment in the 6400 block of West Norwich Avenue was burglarized between Aug. 1 and Aug. 6. Details of this incident were unavailable.
· A bicycle, a walker and some food items were taken from a chest freezer inside an unlocked residential garage in the 6900 block of West Plainfield Avenue between 3 and 7:30 a.m. Aug. 7.
· A 1995 Honda Accord was taken from the 5000 block of South Greenbrook Terrace between Aug. 3 and Aug. 5.
· A bottle of narcotics was taken from Clement Manor, 9339 W. Howard Ave., prior to noon Aug. 5.
· An air-conditioning unit was taken from a vacant home in the 3300 block of South 43rd Street at 3:10 p.m. Aug. 5.
· Tools were taken from a truck in the 7400 block of West Layton Avenue between 7:40 a.m. and 7:55 a.m. Aug. 6.
· An air conditioner was taken from a residence in the 6600 block of West Cold Spring Road prior to 5:30 p.m. Aug. 6.
· An unidentified female shoplifted two watches at Kmart, 4601 S. 27th St., then fled westbound in a black, four-door vehicle at about 5:40 p.m. Aug. 6.
· A landscaping brick was thrown at a parked vehicle in the 3800 block of South 35th Street between 12:30 and 10 a.m. Aug. 7.
· Undisclosed items were taken from a car in the 5000 block of South 110th Street prior to 11:45 a.m. Aug. 7.
· A laptop computer and two tickets to Summer Set Music Festival taken from a locked truck in the 3200 block of South 45th Street prior to 5:40 p.m. Aug. 7. A window was broken for entry.
· A 1998 Pontiac Sunfire was taken in the 4400 block of West St. Francis Avenue between 10:30 p.m. Aug. 7 and 7:05 a.m. Aug. 8.
· A male suspect was arrested for shoplifting after he was seen concealing CDs and DVDs at Best Buy, 4610 S. 76th St., at 3:45 p.m. Aug. 8.
· A GPS unit was taken from a vehicle parked in the 6100 block of West Stonehedge Drive prior to 5:25 p.m. Aug. 8.
· The front license plate was taken off a vehicle in the 4400 block of South 108th Street prior to 6:10 p.m. Aug. 8.
· Several undisclosed items were taken out of a vehicle in the 4500 block of West Holmes Avenue between the evening of Aug. 7 and the morning of Aug. 8.
· A purse was taken from a locked vehicle at Southwest YMCA, 11311 W. Howard Ave., and a credit card was fraudulently used to purchase merchandise at Target, 4777 S. 27th St., prior to 10:15 a.m. Aug. 9. A window was broken for entry.
· An undisclosed amount of money was taken from a car in the 4700 block of South 27th Street prior to 7:25 p.m. Aug. 9.
· An air conditioner was taken from a vacant residence in the 2700 block of West Bottsford Avenue between Aug. 8 and Aug. 10.
· A phone charger was taken from a vehicle in the 5000 block of South 101st Street between the evening of Aug. 8 and early morning Aug. 9. The vehicle's locks were damaged during the incident.
· A cellphone and a GPS unit were taken from an unlocked vehicle at Olive Garden, 4760 S. 76th St., between 3 p.m. and 10 p.m. Aug. 10.
· Three rings and a pendant were taken from a residence in the 4800 block of West Cold Spring Road prior to 2:50 p.m. Aug. 11. The victim identified a possible suspect.
· Two female juveniles were arrested for shoplifting after they were seen concealing merchandise at Plato's Closet, 7820 W. Layton Ave., and fled at 4:15 p.m. Aug. 11. Police pulled the suspects' vehicle over in front of Wendy's and discovered the two suspects were also reported missing through the Milwaukee Police Department and were taken into custody.
· Tires were taken off two vehicles in the sales lot at Greenfield Pontiac, 3615 S. 108th St., between 5 p.m. Aug. 10 and 5:45 p.m. Aug. 11.
· A woman's keys and credit cards were taken at Baker's Square, 4900 S. 76th St., at 7:15 p.m. Aug. 11.
· A boy was arrested for possession of marijuana and another boy was arrested for resisting arrest on South 48th Street and West Abbott Avenue at about 12:50 a.m. Aug. 6.
· A male suspect was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia during a traffic stop in the 4300 block of South 27th Street at 7:05 p.m. Aug. 7.
· A female suspect was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia in the 9100 block of West Waterford Avenue and was taken into custody for having two valid warrants through the Greenfield Police Department at 11:35 p.m. Aug. 8.
· A woman was arrested for drunken driving after she struck a pedestrian with her vehicle in the 3500 block of South 43rd Street at 2:15 a.m. Aug. 5. Her blood alcohol content was 0.15. The victim was transported to Froedtert Hospital by the Greenfield Fire Department. The driver who called police to report the accident was also arrested for drunken driving. He refused chemical blood testing and was taken into custody.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving after a two-car accident on 92nd Street and Forest Home Avenue at about 8:30 p.m. Aug. 7. His BAC was 0.08.
· A female suspect was arrested for drunken driving after a motorist reported that a white Mitsubishi driving southbound on South 124th Street and West Morgan Avenue had a flat tire and the driver was riding on the rim at 3:05 a.m. Aug. 9. Her BAC was 0.13.
· A 7-year-old child was transported to Children's Hospital after being struck by a vehicle in the 4300 block of South 48th Street at about 2:34 p.m. Aug. 8. No other information about this incident is available at this time.
· The driver of a silver minivan was arrested for drunken driving in the 4600 block of South 68th Street at 4:55 p.m. Aug. 11. The driver's BAC was unavailable at the time of the report.
· A window on a residence was broken by a golf ball in the 5300 block of South Butterfield Way at 1:15 p.m. Aug. 11.
· A man called police after he accidentally fired his 9mm gun inside his apartment in the 10100 block of West Cold Spring Road at 1:05 p.m. Aug. 7. The man was cleaning the weapon when he fired one round into the ceiling. He was ordered to see the district attorney, but no charges were issued.
· A male suspect was arrested for prowling and carrying a concealed weapon after he was seen looking into vehicles and a residence in the 4300 block of West Howard Avenue at about 9:50 p.m. Aug. 7. He was also cited for a weapons violation after police found a BB gun concealed under his shirt.
· Two male suspects were arrested for hindering/obstructing police after they were seen soliciting people for money in the parking lot at House of Harley-Davidson, 6221 W. Layton Ave., and then refused to leave at about 3:40 p.m. Aug. 8.
· A resident in the 5000 block of West Colonial Court called police to report her intoxicated neighbor was stuck in a basement window well at 9:10 p.m. Aug. 8. Officers assisted in removing the neighbor, who was turned over to the Greenfield Fire Department for medical treatment.
· Two male suspects were arrested for prowling and one was taken into custody for a probation violation in the 7000 block of West Forest Home Avenue at about 3 a.m. Aug. 9.
· Greenfield police responded to four domestic violence calls and assisted with nine rescue calls between Aug. 5 and Aug. 11.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 4, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 6, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 23, 2014
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 9, 2014
- Greenfield police report: September 4, 2014
- Greenfield police report: August 21, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report 0804 to 0810
- Greenfield police report 0630 to 0706
- Greenfield police report June 23 to June 29
- Greenfield police report June 16-22
- GREENFIELD 0609 to 0615
- Greenfield Police report June 10
- Greenfield Police Report: June 6
- GREENFIELD 0512 to 0518