Greenfield police are seeking a man who assaulted a woman with a gun and robbed her while she was walking Sunday evening.
According to the Greenfield police report:
A woman who was walking on 92nd Street and Layton Avenue was approached by a man about 11 p.m. Aug. 4.
After demanding she turn over all her property to him, the suspect struck her in the head with a silver revolver, took the woman's pink backpack and white purse and ran westbound on Layton Avenue.
The victim suffered a head injury and was taken to St. Luke's Hospital by a Greenfield Fire Department ambulance.
Prior to the incident, the victim said she saw an older black sedan with tinted windows and shiny silver rims driving slowly in the area.
The victim told police she believed the suspect may have been searching for possible targets.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall stages award-winning theater production
- Annual roadwork is full steam ahead in Greenfield and West Allis
- Greenfield police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Veteran's tribute slated for Arlington Park
- Four days of fun, music, food coming to JansenFest in Greenfield (1)
- 30-unit facility for elderly gets nod from Greenfield Plan Commission
- Greenfield to hold public hearing June 16 on proposed Goodwill store (2)
- Greenfield police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- West Allis police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- West Allis veterans groups, city to honor vets with parade, ceremony