Greenfield police are seeking a man who assaulted a woman with a gun and robbed her while she was walking Sunday evening.
According to the Greenfield police report:
A woman who was walking on 92nd Street and Layton Avenue was approached by a man about 11 p.m. Aug. 4.
After demanding she turn over all her property to him, the suspect struck her in the head with a silver revolver, took the woman's pink backpack and white purse and ran westbound on Layton Avenue.
The victim suffered a head injury and was taken to St. Luke's Hospital by a Greenfield Fire Department ambulance.
Prior to the incident, the victim said she saw an older black sedan with tinted windows and shiny silver rims driving slowly in the area.
The victim told police she believed the suspect may have been searching for possible targets.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall-rooted Saturday Detention has schooled itself musically
- Greenfield Common Council allows 33 homes to not hook up to city water
- Not all are happy with Greenfield's plan to build a network of sidewalks
- mw_go_police report_0724
- Vehicle stolen in Franklin used in Greenfield carjacking
- Finale on 4th was not so grand
- Greenfield schools heighten security
- Well owners will not dry up
- Greenfield police report 0630 to 0706