Greenfield police are seeking a man who assaulted a woman with a gun and robbed her while she was walking Sunday evening.
According to the Greenfield police report:
A woman who was walking on 92nd Street and Layton Avenue was approached by a man about 11 p.m. Aug. 4.
After demanding she turn over all her property to him, the suspect struck her in the head with a silver revolver, took the woman's pink backpack and white purse and ran westbound on Layton Avenue.
The victim suffered a head injury and was taken to St. Luke's Hospital by a Greenfield Fire Department ambulance.
Prior to the incident, the victim said she saw an older black sedan with tinted windows and shiny silver rims driving slowly in the area.
The victim told police she believed the suspect may have been searching for possible targets.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield man charged with sexual assault of a child in Tosa
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 19, 2015 issue
- Greenfield's Naked Furniture to close April 30
- Amphitheater offered for Konkel Park in Greenfield
- Greenfield Plan Commission clears Chapman project, Meijer for hearings
- Greenfield Plan Commission mixed on idea of Goodwill opening on S. 76th St.
- Stories concerning time to tick at Inspiration Studios
- Greenfield School district to offer tax credits to seniors who work for district
- Sessions offered to public on Whitnall School District referendum questions