· An unidentified man robbed U.S. Bank, 4333 S. 27th St., at 3:09 p.m. July 30. The man passed a note implying he had a gun, but no weapon was displayed. He was described as white, in his late 20s or early 30s with facial hair and long "mullet-like" dark brown curly hair and was wearing dark sunglasses, a dark-colored baseball cap and a long-sleeved, button-down shirt and blue jeans. He was last seen running westbound from the parking lot.
· A bicycle was taken out of a sunroom at a residence in the 3200 block of South 45th Street between July 15 and July 29.
· Numerous storage locker units were pried open at the Briarwick Apartments, 8800 W. Waterford Square, between July 26 and July 29. It was unknown if anything was taken.
· Tools and ladders were taken from a garage and a truck at a residence in the 4900 block of South Woodlawn Place between midnight and 7:45 a.m. July 31.
· A resident in the 11400 block of West Cold Spring Road reported several screens on her bedroom windows were cut during a possible burglary attempt at 1:15 p.m. Aug. 3.
· A resident in the 4900 block of South 104th Street called 911 after it appeared someone entered the home through a bathroom window and rummaged through the house at about 6:45 p.m. Aug. 4.
· Officers responding to a report of several unidentified subjects inside an unoccupied home in the 5900 block of South Honey Creek Drive arrested one male juvenile and several other suspects for burglary at 10:35 p.m. Aug. 4.
· Tools were taken from a van in the 6100 block of West Marcy Lane at 12:40 p.m. July 29.
· An unidentified driver fled without paying for $80 in gas at BP, 4405 W. Loomis Road, at 12:55 p.m. July 29.
· A female was arrested for shoplifting after she took items into the dressing room and concealed them in her purse at Kmart, 4601 S. 27th St., at 8:35 p.m. July 29.
· A wallet was taken from a vehicle at United Seniors of Wisconsin 4515 W. Forest Home Ave., prior to 8:12 a.m. July 30.
· An elderly woman's purse was taken from her vehicle at St. John the Evangelist Church, 8500 W. Cold Spring Road, at about 7:30 a.m. July 30.
· A resident's computer was taken at South Pointe Health Care Center, 4500 W. Loomis Road, at 1:30 p.m. July 30.
· A male suspect was arrested for shoplifting after he was seen concealing merchandise at Kmart, 4601 S. 27th St., at 6:20 p.m. July 30.
· A small amount of change was taken from an unlocked pickup parked in the 4900 block of South Woodlawn Place between late evening July 30 and 6:30 a.m. July 31.
· An unknown amount of change and a work bag containing hairdressing equipment were taken from a vehicle in the 4800 block of South 81st Street between late evening July 30 and 8:30 a.m. July 31.
· Unspecified items were taken out of a vehicle parked in the 5000 block of South 58th Street between the evening of July 30 and the morning of July 31.
· About $4 in change was taken from an unlocked vehicle in the 8800 block of West Melody Lane on July 31.
· Unspecified items were taken from a vehicle in the 4500 block of West Loomis Road at 6:10 p.m. July 31.
· A woman's cellphone was taken while she was at Mad Dog Saloon, 4395 S. 76th St., prior to 1:55 a.m. Aug. 1.
· Cigarettes, a lighter and clippers were taken from an unlocked vehicle in the 10300 block of West Norwich Avenue between 9:30 p.m. July 31 and 5 a.m. Aug. 1.
· Tires and rims were taken off a 2013 Nissan Quest at Gordie Boucher Nissan, 4141 S. 108th St., between 9:30 p.m. July 31 and 8 a.m. Aug. 1.
· An envelope containing $105 in cash and two checks totaling $55 were taken from a medical clinic in the 3300 block of South 103rd Street between July 25 and July 31.
· Four wheels were taken off a truck at John Paul's Buick GMC, 3615 S. 108th St., prior to 12:30 p.m. Aug. 1.
· A male employee was arrested at Destination XL, 4751 S. 76th St., at about 1 p.m. Aug. 1 for stealing merchandise involving another store.
· An employee reported two males and two females shoplifted an undisclosed number of hair extensions at Sally Beauty Supply, 4260 S. 76th St., and then fled northbound on South 76th Street in a silver, 2003 Jeep Liberty at about 1 p.m. Aug. 1.
· An unknown amount of cash/change was taken from an unlocked vehicle in the 10300 block of West Howard Avenue at 1:11 p.m. Aug. 1.
· Five or six center tire caps were taken off vehicles at Diamond Jim's Motorcars, 5265 S. 27th St., at 3:30 p.m. Aug. 3.
· Cash totaling $30 was taken from a resident's bedside drawer at Kindred Transitional Care, 5700 W. Layton Ave., prior to 9:05 p.m. Aug. 3.
· A male suspect was arrested for possession of marijuana after a traffic stop in the 3600 block of South 35th Street at 4:45 p.m. Aug. 4.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving (second offense) on 68th Street and Layton Avenue at 1:55 a.m. Aug. 1. He was transported to the hospital for a blood draw, the results of which were unavailable.
· A suspect was arrested for drunken driving during a traffic stop in the 5300 block of West Layton Avenue at 7:25 p.m. Aug. 3 and was taken to the hospital for a legal blood draw, the results of which were unavailable.
· A male suspect was arrested for drunken driving at 8:15 p.m. Aug. 3 by officers responding to a report of a male subject passed out in a van. His blood alcohol content was unavailable.
· Obscenities were spray-painted onto the side of a minivan in the 5200 block of South Honey Creek Drive between 11 p.m. July 28 and 8 a.m. July 29.
· A car was spray-painted while it was parked in a driveway in the 4000 block of South 90th Street prior to 9:10 a.m. July 29.
· Sand was put in the gas tanks of vehicles at a residence in the 4500 block of South 47th Street prior to 10:30 a.m. July 29. A damage estimate was unavailable.
· A vehicle was spray-painted with red paint in the 4600 block of South 48th Street between 11 p.m. July 28 and 8 a.m. July 29.
· The driver's side window of an extended-cab truck was smashed in the 6100 block of West Stonehedge Drive between noon July 30 and 6:45 a.m. July 31.
· A woman reported her vehicle was scratched in the 3300 block of South 44th Street prior to 7:55 p.m. July 31.
· A vehicle was scratched in the 3300 block of South 44th Street between 9 p.m. July 31 and 7 a.m. Aug. 1.
· The back window of a vehicle was broken in the 3500 block of South 45th Street between the evening of Aug. 1 and 7:30 a.m. Aug 2.
· An employee at Music Go Round, 5042 S. 74th St., called police to report a male subject fled the store after seeing a police car and left his identification and musical equipment behind at 9:25 a.m. July 29. The Wauwatosa Police Department was notified after officers discovered the items were taken during a theft in their jurisdiction.
· A manager at Best Buy, 4610 S. 76th St., called police after an employee found child pornography on a customer's computer that was brought in for service at 7:20 p.m. July 29. Police are investigating.
· The police chief reported he was almost struck by a wrong-way driver while traveling southbound on South 76th Street approaching West Layton Avenue at 1:25 p.m. July 30. The vehicle, a tan Oldsmobile, was followed by Greenfield police until it pulled into the BP lot at 108th Street and Edgerton Avenue. The driver was found to have a revoked license and was taken into custody.
· A manager at Budget Cinema, 4475 S. 108th St., called police after an unidentified white male in his 50s told her that there was going to be a "hit" on the business, and that there were four males with automatic weapons in the theater which was showing the movie "Purge" at 10:22 p.m. July 30. The staff checked the theater, but did not notice anything unusual. Police were unable to locate the unidentified "tipster," who was last seen wearing a white shirt, jeans and carrying a backpack.
· A female member of the cleaning staff at Meyer's Restaurant, 4260 S. 76th St., called police after an unidentified male pulled down his shorts down and exposed himself to her from the parking lot at 11:35 p.m. July 30. The suspect was described as being in his 20s or 30s, carrying something white. He was last seen walking in the area of South 72nd Street and West Forest Home Avenue.
· Officers responding to a call from a resident stating someone was trying to break into her home in the 5000 block of South 43rd Street arrested a male subject for criminal damage and criminal trespassing at 12:22 a.m. July 31.
· Several male subjects were arrested for prowling after a resident in the 4600 block of South 113th Street reported a suspicious, occupied SUV parked in front of his home at about 1 p.m. Aug. 1. One of the subjects was also taken into custody for having a warrant through the Department of Corrections and was taken to Milwaukee County Jail.
· A caller reported seeing two subjects having sex on the south side of Arlington Cemetery, 4001 S. 27th St., at 2:50 a.m. Police responded but were unable to locate the subjects.
· A resident called police to report the sound of dogs barking loudly for several days at a residence in the 4600 block of South 36th Street at 10:20 p.m. Aug. 2. Police responded to the home in question and found a parrot was responsible for the noise. The parrot owner was advised about the complaint.
· An employee at McDonald's, 4275 S. 27th St., called police after two teenage boys came out of the bathroom and stated a man pulled his pants down and told them to take a picture of him at about 5:40 p.m. Aug. 4. The suspect was described as white, bald, 6 feet 2 inches tall, in his mid-40s to 50 years old, and weighing about 200 pounds and wearing a navy blue T-shirt and khaki pants. He left in a tan or gold Honda Odyssey minivan with Florida license plates.
· Greenfield police responded to five domestic violence calls and assisted with seven rescue calls and one fire call between July 29 and Aug. 4.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: Dec. 10
- Police Report: Dec. 3
- Police Report: Nov. 26
- Police Report: Nov. 19
- Police Report: Nov. 11
- Police Report: Nov. 5
- Police Report: Oct. 31
- Police Report: Oct. 22
- Police Report: Oct. 15
- Police Report: Oct. 8
- Police Report: Oct. 1
- Police Report: Sept. 24
- Police Report: Sept. 17
- Police Report: Sept. 10
- Police Report: Sept. 3
- Police Report: Aug. 27
- Police Report: Aug. 20
- Police Report: Aug. 13
- Police Report: July 30
- Police Report: July 23