The Hales Corners fireworks show tonight was abruptly canceled about four minutes after its 9:30 p.m. start after a loud, unexpected bang was followed by emergency sirens, ambulances and police vehicles.
Officials cordoned off the entrance to Hales Corners Park where the program was being held. Ambulances from both Hales Corners and Franklin reported to the scene, which was not easily accessible.
A gurney could be seen heading up the hill toward the launch site.
A short while later, one of the ambulances could be seen getting a police escort out of the area, presumably to an area hospital.
No details of who or how many were hurt in the incident were available though at least one injury was reported.
Police were diverting pedestrian traffic exiting the park away from the main entrance near the launch site.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Later secondary school start times explored in Greenfield; national group recommends 8:30 a.m. or la
- Whitnall High reaches ACT goal
- Greenfield schools take steps to improved education with teachers coaching teachers
- Greenfield mayor accepts ALS ice bucket challenge
- Medical group statement supports later Greenfield school start times
- Greenfield police report: August 21, 2014 issue
- Video: Whitnall launches districtwide iPad initiative
- Meijer gets early nod of approval in Greenfield
- Greenfield police note
- Greenfield police report 0804 to 0810