Greenfield — Greenfield School District Assistant Superintendent Todd Bugnacki has resigned effective June 30 after accepting an instructional leadership position in the Cedarburg School District, where former Greenfield Superintendent Conrad Farner went to become human resources director.
This is the third resignation of top management of the Greenfield schools in five months. Farner left in January and Kristen Kollath, director of business services, resigned in February to take a position with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
The Greenfield School Board has namedLisa Elliott, a former Maple Grove Elementary School principal and leader in teacher effectiveness, to serve as superintendent. It also named Amy Kohl, who is currently business manager in the Fox Point-Bayside School District and former business manager with the Whitnall schools, to be Greenfield's director of business services.
In the meantime, their duties are being handled by interim administrators David Ewald (as superintendent) and Ron Nortier (business manager).
School Board President Bruce Bailey said the board was surprised by Bugnacki's sudden departure. He had been with the district for 16 years.
"We hate to see him go," Bailey said. "The only good thing is the new superintendent starts July 1 and will be able to have input on a replacement."
But it might not be the same position, he said. The School Board will re-evaluate duties of the assistant superintendent. Bugnacki was not only assistant superintendent, but he had responsibilities for curriculum and was the human resources director.
- Man, 21, charged in fatal accident on 76th Street in Greenfield
- Video: Greenfield going full speed to become its own internet provider
- Road construction to loom large in Greenfield's Fourth of July bash
- Early morning fire destroys garage in Greenfield, spreads to house
- A new Layton Avenue Baptist Church is rising in Greenfield through skill and faith
- Greenfield Police reports: June 16, 2016
- Fire damages garage of Greenfield home
- Charcoal grill tips over, causes fire at Greenfield home (1)
- Thieves hit Greenfield liquor store twice in a week, injure clerk
- Greenfield Police report: June 9, 2016