The U.S. Attorney's Office is seeking federal charges against a Milwaukee man who was arrested for armed robbery at a local pet store last month.
According to a Greenfield police report:
The man was arrested after he entered Petco, 4950 S. 76th St., pointed a handgun at an employee and demanded money shortly after the business closed for the day May 13.
The suspect then pushed the employee into a front office, where the store manager was counting money, forced both the employee and manager to the floor, then threatened and kicked them several times before binding their hands and feet with zip ties.
While the robbery was in progress, another employee ran to the back receiving area of the store and dialed 911. As a result, Greenfield police were waiting for the suspect as he fled the store with a bag containing an undisclosed amount of cash.
The suspect, who was wearing a black ski mask, dropped his weapon and money bag, pulled off his mask and surrendered when he realized he was surrounded by police.
After questioning the suspect and witnesses, Greenfield police contacted the Federal Bureau of Investigation with details of the incident. The FBI agent called back several hours later and stated the U.S. Attorney's Office was interested in prosecuting the crime and would possibly be issuing federal indictment against the suspect.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 23, 2014
- Hales Corners Eagle Scout's signs point the way at Whitnall Park
- A mother talks of her loss to heroin
- Whitnall High School performs Shakespeare classic with a flare
- Greenfield man charged as part of prescription fraud ring
- Greenfield schools 'right-sizing' enrollment for smaller classes
- Greenfield restricts car sales at homes
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 9, 2014
- Equipment upgrades, Wi-Fi pleadged in sale of Milwaukee-area YMCAs
- Police warn couple of misuse of 911 after they argued with each other