The U.S. Attorney's Office is seeking federal charges against a Milwaukee man who was arrested for armed robbery at a local pet store last month.
According to a Greenfield police report:
The man was arrested after he entered Petco, 4950 S. 76th St., pointed a handgun at an employee and demanded money shortly after the business closed for the day May 13.
The suspect then pushed the employee into a front office, where the store manager was counting money, forced both the employee and manager to the floor, then threatened and kicked them several times before binding their hands and feet with zip ties.
While the robbery was in progress, another employee ran to the back receiving area of the store and dialed 911. As a result, Greenfield police were waiting for the suspect as he fled the store with a bag containing an undisclosed amount of cash.
The suspect, who was wearing a black ski mask, dropped his weapon and money bag, pulled off his mask and surrendered when he realized he was surrounded by police.
After questioning the suspect and witnesses, Greenfield police contacted the Federal Bureau of Investigation with details of the incident. The FBI agent called back several hours later and stated the U.S. Attorney's Office was interested in prosecuting the crime and would possibly be issuing federal indictment against the suspect.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Major Layton Avenue development in Greenfield rolls forward (1)
- The project SHOW has chosen to sample Greenfield as part of its statewide survey that has been going
- Whitnall School Board chooses facilities advisory committee
- Construction starts for church, community center in Greenfield
- Police release ID of man killed in gunfire
- Greenfield officer involved in shooting
- Greenfield puts restaurant, grocery health inspections online
- New Whitnall Middle School principal is familiar face
- Public being asked about proposed Highway 100 changes in Greenfield
- Greenfield police investigating armed robbery in parking lot