Greenfield — A hotly contested 2nd Aldermanic District race between long-time incumbent Tom Pietrowski and Greenfield School Board President Bruce Bailey will be a highlight of Tuesday's election in Greenfield.
Other highlights are the race in the 1st Aldermanic District between incumbent Linda Lubotsky and challenger Terry Bartz; an 18-year-old Greenfield High School senior running for the Greenfield School Board plus races in the other two school districts that serve Greenfield; and a countywide referendum on whether to cut the pay of county supervisors.
In the Greenfield School District, young David Pettersen is running for one of the two seats on the School Board along with incumbent Pam Sierzchulski and Tom Frohna.
The Whitnall School Board race for three seats features four candidates — incumbent Nancy Zaborowski; former Whitnall board member Michael Clarizio; Jon Jones, who ran for the board in 2012; and Jonathan Cagle, who is making his first try for public office.
Greenfield's ward 10 is in the West Allis-West Milwaukee School District where the four candidates running for three seats are first-term incumbents Dan Bailey, Kristi Bonaparte and Gail Radonski, and challenger Diane Narlock who is making her first try for public office.
The referendum question asks whether to reduce the pay of Milwaukee County supervisors to the annual per capita income of county residents. In 2012, that was $24,051. The County Board chairman would be allowed 150 percent of that annual average and the Finance Committee chairman could claim 125 percent. The proposed cuts wouldn't go into effect until 2016.
City voters also will help decide the next judge in Branch 32 of the Milwaukee County circuit court after the retirement of Judge Michael Goulee. Running for his spot are Laura Gramling Perez and Cedric Cornwall.
The polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Polling places in Greenfield:
· Wards 1, 2, 3 & 4 at Glenwood School Gym, 3550 S. 51st St.
· Wards 5, 6, 7 & 8 at the Greenfield Community Center, multipurpose room, 7215 W. Cold Spring Road
· Wards 9, 10, 11 & 12 at Whitnall High School, 5000 S. 116th St., Community Board Room
· Wards 13, 14 & 15 at Maple Grove School Gym, 6921 W. Cold Spring Road
· Wards 16, 17 & 18 at the Greenfield Public Library, 5310 W. Layton Ave., Community Room
· Wards 19, 20 & 21 at the Elm Dale School Gym, 5300 S. Honey Creek Drive
— Jane Ford-Stewart
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: August 21, 2014 issue
- Video: Whitnall launches districtwide iPad initiative
- Meijer gets early nod of approval in Greenfield
- Greenfield police note
- Greenfield police report 0804 to 0810
- Thrift group buys new space; former Greenfield Walmart now home to St. Vincent de Paul Society
- Video: Whitnall preparing to distribute nearly 1,400 iPads across district
- Meijer goes forward with Mount Carmel site in Greenfield
- Greenfield police report: August 7, 2014
- Whitnall Back to School Block Party looking for sponsors, volunteers