Greenfield - A farmers market will definitely open June 23 at Konkel Park, the Greenfield Farmers Market Planning Committee has announced after being overwhelmed with responses from its online community interest survey.
Based on feedback from both the community and the potential vendors, the committee was able to settle on a location in Konkel Park, 53rd Street and Layton Avenue, and a season that will run Sundays from June 23 through the last weekend in October. The hours will be 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
A meeting will be scheduled in May for those who have expressed interest in participating on the committee or in volunteering.
The committee is still working on signing up sellers for the market. Still needed are produce vendors, a coffee vendor and a baked-goods vendor.
More information about vending at the market is available on the Farmers Market website, www.greenfieldwi.us/farmersmarket, where a vendor interest form can be downloaded. Applications and supplemental documents will be available soon.
The Farmers Market website is in development and will be updated throughout the market season.
- Greenfield to open amphitheater with proud marches, dancing, bands
- Greenfield Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- Man, 21, charged in fatal accident on 76th Street in Greenfield
- Video: Greenfield going full speed to become its own internet provider
- Road construction to loom large in Greenfield's Fourth of July bash
- Early morning fire destroys garage in Greenfield, spreads to house
- A new Layton Avenue Baptist Church is rising in Greenfield through skill and faith
- Greenfield Police reports: June 16, 2016
- Fire damages garage of Greenfield home
- Charcoal grill tips over, causes fire at Greenfield home (1)