Greenfield - A farmers market will definitely open June 23 at Konkel Park, the Greenfield Farmers Market Planning Committee has announced after being overwhelmed with responses from its online community interest survey.
Based on feedback from both the community and the potential vendors, the committee was able to settle on a location in Konkel Park, 53rd Street and Layton Avenue, and a season that will run Sundays from June 23 through the last weekend in October. The hours will be 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
A meeting will be scheduled in May for those who have expressed interest in participating on the committee or in volunteering.
The committee is still working on signing up sellers for the market. Still needed are produce vendors, a coffee vendor and a baked-goods vendor.
More information about vending at the market is available on the Farmers Market website, www.greenfieldwi.us/farmersmarket, where a vendor interest form can be downloaded. Applications and supplemental documents will be available soon.
The Farmers Market website is in development and will be updated throughout the market season.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police called when man urinates himself while sleeping in movie theater
- Al-Huda mosque's parking lot in Greenfield under scrutiny; neighbors do not want it to expand
- Greenfield lets gravel parking lot for mosque stay for now
- New investment pleases Greenfield officials; remodeled auto and mattress shops approved by city
- Greenfield police report: September 11, 2014
- Drainage might sink overflow mosque parking in Greenfield
- Time constraints delay Greenfield consideration of Meijers super store
- Whitnall hosts another block party
- Greenfield police report: September 4, 2014
- Greenfield School Board approves $23 million tax levy