Greenfield - A farmers market will definitely open June 23 at Konkel Park, the Greenfield Farmers Market Planning Committee has announced after being overwhelmed with responses from its online community interest survey.
Based on feedback from both the community and the potential vendors, the committee was able to settle on a location in Konkel Park, 53rd Street and Layton Avenue, and a season that will run Sundays from June 23 through the last weekend in October. The hours will be 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
A meeting will be scheduled in May for those who have expressed interest in participating on the committee or in volunteering.
The committee is still working on signing up sellers for the market. Still needed are produce vendors, a coffee vendor and a baked-goods vendor.
More information about vending at the market is available on the Farmers Market website, www.greenfieldwi.us/farmersmarket, where a vendor interest form can be downloaded. Applications and supplemental documents will be available soon.
The Farmers Market website is in development and will be updated throughout the market season.
- The Ridge Church in Greenfield offers church in your jammies
- Greenfield Police blotter: May 5, 2016
- Whitnall gets new school district superintendent
- Crash kills Milwaukee man in Greenfield
- Greenfield Police Blotter: April 28, 2016
- Parties in the sky coming to House of Harley in Greenfield
- Whitnall names Lisa Olson superintendent of schools
- Severe weather seminar scheduled in Greenfield
- Greenfield Police Blotter: April 21, 2016
- Greenfield News and Notes: April 21