Greenfield - A farmers market will definitely open June 23 at Konkel Park, the Greenfield Farmers Market Planning Committee has announced after being overwhelmed with responses from its online community interest survey.
Based on feedback from both the community and the potential vendors, the committee was able to settle on a location in Konkel Park, 53rd Street and Layton Avenue, and a season that will run Sundays from June 23 through the last weekend in October. The hours will be 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
A meeting will be scheduled in May for those who have expressed interest in participating on the committee or in volunteering.
The committee is still working on signing up sellers for the market. Still needed are produce vendors, a coffee vendor and a baked-goods vendor.
More information about vending at the market is available on the Farmers Market website, www.greenfieldwi.us/farmersmarket, where a vendor interest form can be downloaded. Applications and supplemental documents will be available soon.
The Farmers Market website is in development and will be updated throughout the market season.
- Dan Jansen Family Festival to bring old favs, new fun to Greenfield
- Greenfield man facing possible charges after threatening women with loaded gun
- High speed pursuit in Greenfield ends in crash in Milwaukee
- Greenfield Police Blotter: May 25, 2016
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Greenfield church to host prom for special needs students; Oconomowoc bank make large donation
- Sign-maker wants Highway 100 on-ramp reopened
- Greenfield Police Blotter: May 19, 2016
- $26 million upgrade for Greenfield schools ready to go forward (1)
- Greenfield residents react to scaled-down Edgerton Avenue project (1)