Greenfield police are seeking a heavy-set man who has been observed stealing sandwiches and pizzas, mostly from area gas stations between Feb. 11 and March 13.
In the first three of four cases, the thefts occurred around lunchtime, and the suspect was seen driving off in a white Pontiac Grand Prix.
The man was first observed shoplifting carryout food items at Citgo, 8333 W. Layton Ave., at about 1:10 p.m. Feb. 11. The unidentified man, described as white, 5 feet 7 inches tall, in his 40s with dark hair, fled the station.
Police tied a second incident to the same suspect when an employee at Speedway, 6000 W. Layton Ave., reported that a heavy-set man attempted to shoplift several food items at noon March 13. The suspect ended up leaving the items behind and fled the lot.
About 15 minutes later police received a report likely involving the same suspect who had just shoplifted frozen pizza, soda and other food items at Speedway on 60th Street and Layton Avenue.
The same man was a suspect in a fourth incident later that day. A cashier at Sendik's, 7901 W. Layton Ave., told police a heavier-set man put a sandwich from the hot bar into a container and walked out of the store at 4:30 p.m.
The license plate number of the vehicle was obtained by employees and video surveillance. However, a search revealed the plates were canceled and might be stolen.
- The Ridge Church in Greenfield offers church in your jammies
- Greenfield Police blotter: May 5, 2016
- Whitnall gets new school district superintendent
- Crash kills Milwaukee man in Greenfield
- Greenfield Police Blotter: April 28, 2016
- Parties in the sky coming to House of Harley in Greenfield
- Whitnall names Lisa Olson superintendent of schools
- Severe weather seminar scheduled in Greenfield
- Greenfield Police Blotter: April 21, 2016
- Greenfield News and Notes: April 21