A 51-year-old man was arrested after flashing a badge and trying to use it to force customers to show ID at a Greenfield bar on March 9.
According to Greenfield police:
A bouncer at Scott E's Pub, 3800 S. 108th St., said the man was a customer who told other customers he was a police officer, using the badge to reinforce his claim. The bouncer eventually confiscated the badge and kicked the man out of the bar after he kept trying to ID other customers.
Police found the man stumbling southbound on 108th Street. He was taken into custody and transported to the police station, where he was arrested and cited for disorderly conduct and impersonating an officer.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall launches districtwide iPad initiative
- Meijer gets early nod of approval in Greenfield
- Greenfield police note
- Greenfield police report 0804 to 0810
- Thrift group buys new space; former Greenfield Walmart now home to St. Vincent de Paul Society
- Video: Whitnall preparing to distribute nearly 1,400 iPads across district
- Meijer goes forward with Mount Carmel site in Greenfield
- Greenfield police report: August 7, 2014
- Whitnall Back to School Block Party looking for sponsors, volunteers
- Greenfield schools emphasize writing