A 51-year-old man was arrested after flashing a badge and trying to use it to force customers to show ID at a Greenfield bar on March 9.
According to Greenfield police:
A bouncer at Scott E's Pub, 3800 S. 108th St., said the man was a customer who told other customers he was a police officer, using the badge to reinforce his claim. The bouncer eventually confiscated the badge and kicked the man out of the bar after he kept trying to ID other customers.
Police found the man stumbling southbound on 108th Street. He was taken into custody and transported to the police station, where he was arrested and cited for disorderly conduct and impersonating an officer.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rebuffed at store, man with walker uses trash can instead of toilet
- Police Notes: Dec. 10
- News & Notes: Dec. 10
- Whitnall School District's woodland could get natural boost
- Police Report: Dec. 10
- Whitnall three-term incumbent won't seek re-election (1)
- News & Notes: Dec. 3
- AT&T's cell tower plan topples for now in Greenfield
- Man tries to scam Greenfield business by claiming to be from We Energies
- Greenfield election filings spark interesting challenge