A 51-year-old man was arrested after flashing a badge and trying to use it to force customers to show ID at a Greenfield bar on March 9.
According to Greenfield police:
A bouncer at Scott E's Pub, 3800 S. 108th St., said the man was a customer who told other customers he was a police officer, using the badge to reinforce his claim. The bouncer eventually confiscated the badge and kicked the man out of the bar after he kept trying to ID other customers.
Police found the man stumbling southbound on 108th Street. He was taken into custody and transported to the police station, where he was arrested and cited for disorderly conduct and impersonating an officer.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police called when man urinates himself while sleeping in movie theater
- Al-Huda mosque's parking lot in Greenfield under scrutiny; neighbors do not want it to expand
- Greenfield lets gravel parking lot for mosque stay for now
- New investment pleases Greenfield officials; remodeled auto and mattress shops approved by city
- Greenfield police report: September 11, 2014
- Drainage might sink overflow mosque parking in Greenfield
- Time constraints delay Greenfield consideration of Meijers super store
- Whitnall hosts another block party
- Greenfield police report: September 4, 2014
- Greenfield School Board approves $23 million tax levy