A 51-year-old man was arrested after flashing a badge and trying to use it to force customers to show ID at a Greenfield bar on March 9.
According to Greenfield police:
A bouncer at Scott E's Pub, 3800 S. 108th St., said the man was a customer who told other customers he was a police officer, using the badge to reinforce his claim. The bouncer eventually confiscated the badge and kicked the man out of the bar after he kept trying to ID other customers.
Police found the man stumbling southbound on 108th Street. He was taken into custody and transported to the police station, where he was arrested and cited for disorderly conduct and impersonating an officer.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: June 18
- Police Report: June 18
- Another top administrator will leave Greenfield School District
- Farmers market takes root in Greenfield's Konkel Park
- Motel guest arrested after knife incident in Greenfield
- Greenfield pet store robbery suspect could face federal charges
- Greenfield School Board approves some raises
- News & Notes: June 13
- Police Report: June 11
- Police Notes: June 5