The Greenfield School District will hire both an interim superintendent and an interim business manager until candidates can be found to fill both positions permanently, the School Board decided Monday.
Superintendent Conrad Farner departed last week to take a job as human resources director for the Cedarburg School District.
Kristen Kollath, director of business services, will leave next month to accept a position with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
The board had offered the interim superintendent position to Todd Bugnacki, director of elementary education, but he said he had to decline because of pressing needs in his current position. He was invited to apply for the superintendent's job.
To get the best candidate for superintendent, the board wanted to take its time with an eye to filling the position at least by July 1. There was a feeling that the appointment should be made considerably earlier so the new superintendent can help choose a business manager.
The superintendent and business manager work so closely together that a good match was felt to be important.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Help-plan for Kulwicki Park going back to county with ICC endorsement
- Greenfield panel gives Good Will a cold shoulder (1)
- Animal blood bank in Greenfield needs more dog and cat donors to keep all pets healthy
- Greenfield vet clinic calls for blood donations from dogs
- Whitnall ponders: What's next? Moving on in the face of failed referendum
- Gadgets don't stay broken at this shop
- Whitnall School Board to form facilities task force
- Whitnall school referendums voted down (5)