Woman arrested by Greenfield police for 4th drunken driving charge while out on bail for 3rd
A 53-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested on a fourth-offense drunken driving charge while she was out on bail for her third pending drunken driving charge last week.
According to Greenfield police:
Police responded to a call of a reckless driver who struck a fence in the parking lot at Burger King, 4555 W. Forest Home Ave., shortly before 11 a.m. Nov. 14. Although the driver fled before police arrived, officers identified the suspect from a license plate that was left at the scene.
Police found the woman at her residence in the 2400 block of S. 43rd St. in Milwaukee. The woman failed field sobriety tests and admitted drinking vodka before driving to Burger King that morning. Her blood alcohol content was 0.24.
She was arrested for fourth-offense drunken driving and was transported to the hospital for a legal blood draw. When police later discovered the woman was out on bail for a pending drunk driving charge at the time of the incident, she was also arrested for bail jumping.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man says driver ran over him after angry exchange
- West Allis considers BikeShare program
- West Allis finds parking solution for businesses along detour
- Police called in Greenfield neighbor dispute about snow fence
- News & Notes: March 4
- Police Report: March 4
- Greenfield decides against parking ban near mailboxes
- Whitnall panel gets 'ideas,' and prices, for facility fixes in Greenfield and Hales Corners
- Some extra 'Grease' skids onto West Allis and Greenfield stages
- News & Notes: Feb. 25