Woman arrested by Greenfield police for 4th drunken driving charge while out on bail for 3rd
A 53-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested on a fourth-offense drunken driving charge while she was out on bail for her third pending drunken driving charge last week.
According to Greenfield police:
Police responded to a call of a reckless driver who struck a fence in the parking lot at Burger King, 4555 W. Forest Home Ave., shortly before 11 a.m. Nov. 14. Although the driver fled before police arrived, officers identified the suspect from a license plate that was left at the scene.
Police found the woman at her residence in the 2400 block of S. 43rd St. in Milwaukee. The woman failed field sobriety tests and admitted drinking vodka before driving to Burger King that morning. Her blood alcohol content was 0.24.
She was arrested for fourth-offense drunken driving and was transported to the hospital for a legal blood draw. When police later discovered the woman was out on bail for a pending drunk driving charge at the time of the incident, she was also arrested for bail jumping.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Former Chapman School in Greenfield now fully demolished
- Video: Bucks' Rim Rockers rock Whitnall HS
- Greenfield park on list of parks not protected from unilateral sale
- Greenfield police take innovative approach to curbing heroin addiction (2)
- Greenfield resident robbed on his doorstep
- Greenfield police blotter: Jan. 28, 2016 (1)
- St. John the Evangelist School to host two open house events
- Greenfield officials clear way for condo project, Chapman development
- Greenfield approves beekeeping measure
- Greenfield development not harmed by loss of nearby medical building